Collins Cup

They keep advertising an app. Is that where it’ll be streamed do you know? Will it be worth downloading?

I see that they’ve got a bunch of Whoop data from Lionel. Wonder if they’ll have contracted all athletes to wear one in the race for live metrics like hr and stuff?

It’s on Eurosport2 live on Saturday

2 Likes

Women’s 1: Ryf, Knibb, Adams
Women’s 2: Zaferes, LCB, Findlay
Women’s 3: Haug, Metzler, Hering
Women’s 4: Holly, Moench, Salthouse
Women’s 5: Sodaro, Crowley, Pallant
Women’s 6: Lester, Matthews, McCauley

Men 1: Frodo, Long, Appleton
Men 2: RVB, Smith, Iden
Men 3: Lionel, Kienle, Starky
Men 4:Baekkgard, Kanute, Neumann
Men 5: Hanson, Currie, Lange
Men 6: Laundry, Skipper, Metzler

1 Like

some tasty battles in there!

I need to look into this. So what distance are they racing over to fit all this in?

Is that free?

Think we’ll get three of the women, four of the mens.

If you’ve got SKY. I haven’t got any experience of watching Eurosport on another platform.

I had assumed this would be iron distance

Just googled it though and it’s a half!

2 Likes

Men 3 bike will be tidy :grinning:

Just found this re viewing options, I can get Eurosport but signed up anyway as it’s free and it looks like there might be other interesting content too.

ETA - just downloaded the app, that’s free too.

1 Like

I will watch on Eurosport when I can

I don’t see a free UK app streaming option, only the website for non-European viewers?

Yeah I noticed that, maybe via a VPN?

Maybe, but I don’t engage in That Sort Of Thing.

Unfortunately then, no :slight_smile:

1 Like

Missing a bit of a trick then aren’t they??

If they can get the views on Eurosport then no, I’d guess they’ll benefit better than free YouTube hits.

I wonder if GCN+ should have it then.

2/80/18km starting every 10 mins.

1 Like

Will they though? I thought their whole ethos was widening participation and expanding the audience. That’s not going to happen behind a pay wall service. If they’re missing out on genuine triathlon fans due to no access to Eurosport, then it’s highly unlikely that non fans will tune in.

Surely striking a sponsorship deal with free coverage for fans would be the way to go, like Suoerleague.