Commonwealth Games 2022

I love this event, where the Evil Empire gets to invite the minions to join us in a celebration of sport and I can be EnGlIsH aNd PrOuD.

Comm Games are great though, always seems less pressure and more fun than the Olympics

Tri at 11, first medal, cant look further than Wilde or Yee and Duffy really.

6 Likes

Wilde vs Yee
Duffy vs GTB with Potter or Coldwell third

5 Likes

Are there any fast male swimmers? No Brownlee or Schoeman. Wilde to push the bike and early run to try and break Yee, but can’t see him succeeding.

Have a feeling GTB could beat Duffy. Can’t see Duffy getting away on the swim-bike unless Coldwell pulls for her. GTB could outrun Duffy over 5k at the moment.

2 Likes

I have rearranged my meetings today so I can watch in peace.

2 Likes

Had the chance of 2 last minute tickets but by the time I heard back I’d cycled into work and it would all be a bit of a panic to get home, kick my son out of bed and get there now. (I’m a major planner and would have worked out route, parking, viewing positions etc etc etc normally so last minute doesn’t sit well with me)
Probably better on the TV anyway but still slightly thinking I should have just gone for it.

1 Like

Who’s showing it then, is it BBC?

1 Like

That’s where I’m watching. Not working today and still resting my leg, so… :grin:

1 Like

Aw - Birmingham

It’s a crazy few weeks isn’t it for sport - after the commonwealth games it’s the European championship

… if Jake Weightman is in the form of his life - he could pretty much get a grand slam in the space of a few months. that pesky ingebrigtsen will give him a go in Europeans again but…

He’ll be running for Scotland of course, he he :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:scotland:

Jason Mohammed just said ‘yuge’ .

FRO with that shit

1 Like

Odd tactics from NZ

1 Like

Saving legs for final maybe but yes very odd

1 Like

Not sure I can make the Tri coverage, still convalescing after they wheeled Duran Duran out last night……

4 Likes

I didn’t watch any of it. TBH I completely forgot it was on :smile:

Eng going backwards!

Yep BBC are fapping themselves to death with the coverage of it.

3 Likes

Worst pacing ever with Canada there!

2 Likes

One of the worst team pursuit TTs I’ve ever seen from Canada women, remarkably poor. Coach’s face was superb

4 Likes

It’s almost like they had different gearing. How did they nail that first lap so quick?

Surprising from Eng also though

2 Likes

Looking forward to making use of the Birmingham velodrome as part of the legacy of the games… :thinking:

3 Likes

The Bahamas athlete going no wetsuit!

2 Likes