Concept 2 Ski Erg

Anyone go to a gym in the London area which is equipped with a Ski Erg?

PureGym near me has them

1 Like

am thinking of buying one

1 Like

Got these in work now

A cheaper version but distance is very similar to the C2 version

They have the c2 version on my outside gym

1 k ski
1 k run x8

Is a brill session. I’ve heard some people using them to help there swim?!
I’m not convinced but they said it worked for them

1 Like

My DL has 2

I saw these a few months ago and my first thought was it would be a good swim ergo for cost compared to a Vasa. Especially as a few like TTowel have said they felt that using a row ergo helped their swim fitness. Sure swimming is better but you know…

1 Like

we have a C2 rower so the ski erg would be a good complement as both give a good body workout focusing on different muscle groups.

1 Like

These are a staple of CrossFit, probably my favourite machine.

1 Like

I’m signed up to a Hyrox in January, they utilise the ski and row erg.

2 Likes

A bit spendy though. I bet they don’t let you share a PM5 between a ski and a row erg, to save a bit if you bought both?

Ski erg is first exercise ?

Row near the end…?!
Those wall balls are just silly.

Great competition that

1 Like

Bought a c2 ski erg just ahead of first lockdown. Find it’s a great exercise for my dodgy back and helps with core/upper body as mainly just cycling now.

Gives a good bang for buck for shorter sessions.

You can use apps like PainSled or RowedBiker which will transmit a Bluetooth signal as if from a cycling pm so you can use the cycle training platforms like zwift/trainerroad etc.

1 Like

100 of the bastards!!!

1 Like

I’ve done them 4 times

Last one was with the correct ball at the right height. No stops.

But at the end of all that some people were going them in 5”s !

The burpee jumps gave me such a bad back I had to stop, shame as I was progressing too.

5 mins per exercise/ run is 1:20 total sounds easy but that fatigue just builds and builds in the legs.

1 Like

From this thread and Mr’s use of roller ski’s I went looking for one in the gym today (I never go on the machines) and used it for 5 mins after spinning. It was ace. Definitely using that agin. As @Wells says it’s a great workout for core and back.

2 Likes

What time are people doing 10k on these things?

Anyone tried?

1 Like

I’ve a time of 23:39.1 for 6k on the SkiErg, never attempted at 10k TT.

The best time recorded on the C2 rankings last season for 10k was 33:19.9 :muscle:

6 Likes

Bloody hell !

I might have a go next week… i won’t be threatening those times ( by a long way) but it’s probably faster than I could run 10 k in this shape…

I
I’ve been a bit slack this year but have for

Half marathon

On the Skierg

C2 website has some pretty impressive times from people smashing it but o was happy to hold my own pace.

For the half marathon linked up with a mate, via zwift, and we both knocked out a Skierg half while linking to zwift. He was faster than me big kindly held on for a little while after he’d hit goal to get us both over the line. We used the pm5 on c2 as arbitrator of our distance and ignored zwift distances.

2 Likes

21 kms on that thing?
Chapeau

2 Likes