COVID-19 The Thread

Yes, the ski season seems to have a link with the spread around Europe. Obviously there was the guy from Brighton who spread it in the chalet, after a visit to China iirc? Also I’m sure I read somewhere, or heard from an Italian friend, that the Italians were keen to get the peak of the ski season out of the way before they started acting on the outbreak.

It does make you wonder how this is a perfect opportunity to bury bad news for governments, also as something to blame everything on. Joblessness? Virus, Recession? Virus, Brexit Delay? Virus

I did see the other day though the Russians choosing this moment of global crises to rattle the Navy a bit

1 Like

Haha, what ese can be in the news though … nobody is doing anything! :rofl:

Dave from Runcorn has just set a PB on his cans of carling pyramid. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Specific guidance has been released, our buyer is homeless within the next few weeks (although I’m sure their landlord wouldn’t mind extending their tenancy a few weeks/months)
House we are moving into is vacant, our house will be vacant when our buyer moves in (as they’ve got a lag)

The person we’re buying off is in the hospitality industry, with a few casual dining places, sells produce at the Makers Markets, and also supplies food to the trade (gastropubs, etc)

We have a few decisions to make :frowning:

Our conveyancer talked us through all of this yesterday, but then to see something different on the front pages this morning was a bit of a shock :open_mouth:

There is no need to pull out of transactions, but we all need to ensure we are following guidance to stay at home and away from others at all times, including the specific measures for those who are presenting symptoms, self-isolating or shielding. Prioritising the health of individuals and the public must be the priority…Where the property being moved into is vacant, then you can continue with this transaction although you should follow the guidance in this document on home removals

Agents should work with their clients and other agents to broker a new date to move where sales are due to complete on occupied properties in the current period where emergency measures are in place to fight coronavirus

Agents should continue to progress sales where this can be done whilst following guidance to stay at home and away from others

Conveyancers should advise their clients who are ready to move not to exchange contracts on an occupied property, unless they have made explicit provision for the risks presented by the virus

1 Like

I think Donald is still stirring the pot in the middle east as well.

1 Like

There’s 4 blokes relaying the path at the school over the road, pretty much working side by side :roll_eyes:

Not sure the construction industry is in on this, also surprised the school have gone ahead with it.

They are about 30m away from the kids but presumably going into the building for the loo etc.

well he’s made road.cc now anyway… altho not sure the stock “triathlete” image they’ve used is Norfolk :smiley:

1 Like

… in other news, two of our 3 dogs are presently play fighting, and me and the missus have about another 9 days of isolation (good JD song) :rofl:

Re the Donald news, but anyone with an IQ knows that he is a prize dick don’t they :thinking: :grin:

Hope long before the apology? I mean even Mike bloody Ashley has apologised for his behaviour!

I had the symptoms before the story broke and assumed that i had flu…

1 Like

I’m getting a little pissed of with Skipper trying to justify his position. I know I defended him a bit yesterday, however, he needs to grow up a little accept that it was wrong, and move on

4 Likes

Same - First days off I have had from work in years.

Alas I dont think we are immune from re-infection.

it may well have been the flu

Me too, I had a really bad flu 4 weeks ago which knocked me out for a week. Pretty sure it was just standard flu but who knows

Boris has it!

1 Like

Boris has tested positive!

1 Like

How did he get tested :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

They used one from Prince Charles’ stash!

…and probably 25% of us here too; but we don’t like to talk about it.

2 Likes

Jesus !!

Just heard in IMUK group

Thought he looked a bit rough…!

That’s not a jibe