Crank Length - Enlighten Me

Enjoy the low gears :+1:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Plastic crank removal tool sheared the eff to bits :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

bloody 'ell, I never use anything but my thumb! How tight do you do it up?

Flea bay?
I have 105 and ultegra 165 mm

Dura 9100 170 mm

All compacts.

No difference, 165 just feel more “ comfy” ?!

The 30 on the back made a difference

1 Like

Dunno? Hand tight. However tight that is

Yeah eBay.
Rapid deivery

1 Like

That’s cheap those cassettes make good money as all the fat rich people want them…!

Chainset was worth that as long as it’s teeth are ok?

Good buy!!

1 Like

Yeah - people listing with odd finishing times.

If I don’t want them, I’ll repost to finish on a Sunday at 8pm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Love eBay
Got my porker off there, and the bike I did IMUK on
£500…

I sold the wheels for 380!?!

Too tight. Should be delicate finger tight, 1nm. Do you have narrow pliers? You can open them up into the notches to undo it, although if it’s that tight you might struggle.

1 Like

Oh. Damn it.
I’ve over tightened it then.

What are “narrow” pliers?
Nose pliers?

Yeah them, nose /narrow. Potato / Potarto

1 Like

So… @GRamsay and @JibberJim

Before I order one of these to remove the stubborn bolt, any other ideas?
Pliers didn’t work.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Park-Tool/BBT-102-HollowTech-2-Bearing-Adjuster-Cap-Tool/VIA?s=1

Got any others? It’s pretty easy to really destroy with pliers, and you don’t need it after preloading so you can use one from another bike to get things going once it’s removed.

But yeah, the tool might be best, and good to see you helping out the local bike shop (well mine anyway)

1 Like

FRICKING DID IT!!!

Got a wrench onto the end of the plastic tool and it gave me enough leverage to work it off :+1:t3:

£13 saved and a nice job for the evening
(The wife will love me, I’ve already spent two hours in here today :see_no_evil:)

Although, I’ve now remembered that all of this is solely for the IMUK hills :joy::rofl::see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Good work. Dont tighten it so tight next time :grinning:

1 Like

At some point, there’s clearly no rush, a 165mm crankset and go for a 52/36 as that will have me covered on any course. I was going to buy a longer stem with bigger negative angle to help improve my aero position. I will wait now until I have the new cranks and raise the saddle to see what I feel I need. The Profile Design 1/Seventeen and new HSF Aeria faceplate might be a goer to improve aerodynamics and allowing me to put the aeria hydration on the front.