Di2 and Bluetooth

The pain is slowly coming back - when I realised the battery was a no go - once the gearing was bricked (almost guaranteed) I pulled the wires from both derailleurs. Removed the Wu111 part, the reinstalled… about 10 times.
I think the issue I had - was that my Di2 battery was already dead (one trial run had drained anything it had). This unit crashes out when the battery is low.
So if you can charge Di2 first - you might avoid it (but I’d still expect the worst).

It does have that hatch - but I swear my battery was up by those 2 screws you can see on the downtube.
Don’t post any tidy pics… I don’t want to touch it again - I don’t care its a bit messy … honest!!!

Unit running alongside another cable. The extra wire is the only bit I couldn’t neatly re-route.

1 Like

The video did seem to imply that was the case.

I’ll probably pop that hatch and hope the other junction box there is as easily accessible as it appears on the video. Although not 100% sure what tool he used to get that hatch open!

I’m just annoyed I didn’t realise to buy the WU111 at the time of ordering. I bought other accessories (pedals that I’d need, etc) so would have got 20% off under the current deal. And now they’re out of stock on the units so can’t even ask them to add it to the order. :disappointed:

EDIT - it is in stock, just strangely Google lists an old link as a higher page ranking!

My bike has Junction (A) (EW-RS910)

I didn’t use the bike through winter and it had lost all it’s charge - fair enough. Charged it up - but then it lost charge again quite quickly. I tried charging it up again and nothing happened, I think the charger light came on - left it on - came back - light had gone off so assumed all done. However tested it and no charge.

Bike was due for a service so I mentioned it, they used their charger and charged it up for short time. This worked and when I got back I tried to boost it by plugging charger in. I’m sure at this point I checked the battery lights and it said 100%. 110km later and the battery is flat. It didn’t isolate to only changing through groupset as normal. I tried plugging charger in again - no lights again :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Bike shops are really busy round here atm and I have a few races coming up. Any suggestions what I could do to see what the problem is myself?

I’m seeing a number of threads on the time trialing forum and Facebook about similar issues and most are warranty issues regarding the battery.

1 Like

Thanks - yeah hopefully it’s just a battery fault. Would be handy if there was a way to test it. Managed to get into LBS next week :crossed_fingers:

My old bike did that. At one point I was charging overnight before each ride. Turned out wire was shorting onto frame, had got damaged within the seat post exiting the internal battery. Had to have a new battery fitted plus relevant wires. But it did at least sort it totally. Good luck.

Thanks, I might mention that to the bike shop.

I plugged it into my computer and it did pick up the components and firmware. Not sure if that bypasses battery or not. When I do use e tube it says the following (and always has)

Looks like it might have been a dodgy battery. Shop used the diagnostic kit today and each time they connected it - not all components were showing. Replaced the battery (under warranty) and it worked every time. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks/months.

3 Likes

Well it’s worked for 15 months and now it’s done the same again :rage: I have 2 races incoming so I’m hoping my local shop can sort it before :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes