D'ya like dags?

We drove up to Peterborough yesterday to meet our puppy. This is our girl❤️. She’s just 3 weeks old, so we pick her up in 5 weeks time.

11 Likes

After we’d fallen in love with our little girl, the breeder showed us this little chap. He was born a week earlier than our girl. His mum had 9 pups, but only 5 survived and he was by far the smallest of the litter. He’s the only one of his litter not sold.

We sort of said that if no one else wanted him then we’d take him too :flushed: .

Mrs W is already talking about “when the puppies come home”, so in her head we’re already having him.

How hard can it be having 2 puppies together? We’ve done it before :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

She’s already eyeing up large, dog friendly houses on the IoM :wink:

3 Likes

When we got our first dog from the rescue we fetched up and they gave the sob story of oh she’s made such good friends with this other dog. So we enddd up coming away with two of them.

5 Likes

When we got Raph, we were only intending to get one. We went to see the breeder a couple of weeks before he was old enough to leave his mum and he had two litters and there was just one left from each. We’d said we wanted a boy, so we were always going to take Raph, but Mrs W couldn’t stand the thought of Izzy (as she became) being left alone when the other pups went to their new homes :rofl: .

We got a small discount for taking two and 9 years later the cost for one has increased to nearly as much as we paid for Raph and Izzy combined. We’re still paying nowhere near as much as the inflated prices that some people were paying for puppies during lockdown though.

3 Likes

They grow :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m not a fan of the crate, but he seems to like it.
Good job it was only £30 - need to go buy a larger one very soon :moneybag::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

We got a really big crate when we got Raph and Izzy. It was plenty big enough for two of them even when they were fully grown. It’s in a dark corner between the sofa and the wall, so it’s a nice safe, quiet space. We shut them in it at night until they were about 6 months old, just to stop them getting into mischief while we weren’t around. Izzy used to like it as a nice quiet place to go for a snooze.

I know some people put their dogs in the crate when they go out, but we’ve never done that.

Our big dog was never crated with us.
He just mooches around.
Generally likes one of the sofas in the home offices.

This puppy likes urinating 943 times per day, so I’ve gotta keep my eye on him permanently.

We’ve not been out without him yet.
Gonna try Zwift for 30 minutes later.
He likes sitting in the (separate) bath when I’m in the shower.
Which isn’t weird or anything :joy:

Crate comes to the office opposite our bedroom overnight.
Tried him downstairs twice.
Wailed for > 40 minutes :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

So it seems that we are definitely getting 2 puppies now! :open_mouth:

What’s the worst that could happen? :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Shit and piss everywhere and your furniture ripped to shreds? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Yeah, pretty much :rofl:

I’m very helpful like that.

1 Like

Soon to be outnumbered at home!

2 Likes

Buy a house with a barn

2 Likes

Well, do ya?

Mint day by the seaside today :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Stag’ll do instead.

3 Likes

The breeder just sent this picture. It’s the first time we’ve seen our pups together.

The boy on the right is a week older, so a bit more developed, but he was the runt of the litter so they’re about the same size now.

From our brief meeting last week and this picture, the girl seems to be chilled out to the point of constantly falling asleep, while the boy seems to be grumpy and ready for a fight🤣

17 Likes

That one on the right is scheming for more food already. he’s got ‘the look’ :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not going to turn my back on him :rofl:

1 Like

See “Training” thread…I’ve not been upstairs yet…the gate has been breached…I’m expecting “something” to greet me… :poop:

ETA: left them along for 16mins as I ran the 3km around the block …
Came back to no barking and a mauled sheep teddy :joy::clap:t3:

5 Likes