End of WiggleCRC?

So Signa sport has filed for bankrupcy. Signa own WiggleCRC, Probikeshop plus a ton of European bike discounters.

4 Likes

I wonder how many people read that and think Sigma Sports has gone bust :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Yeah its very close in name isnt and when I first heard I did a double take.

I havent really used Wiggle for a long time, Amazon just became easier with the quick free delivery.

I will certainly get a lot fewer emails on a daily basis if Wiggle and CRC go. There marketing team seem to be in overdrive recently

4 Likes

Might not be the worst thing on earth for our local bike shops……

10 Likes

What does that mean for DHB? I thought they were Wiggle owned? (It’s probably been over ten years since I bought any of their gear)

Strange that Sigma Sports used to be Sigma Sport until a few years ago - making the name even closer!

2 Likes

Sigma changed their name because there was a German bike computer manufacturer with the same name and they were expanding their reach outside the UK.

Does DHB actually manufacture kit or does it buy it in from a factory in China?

4 Likes

Rebranded Chinese gear in my experience. Good stuff though.

Not sure if that’s the same for their Aeron range which does get very well reviewed.

1 Like

I am a fan of the Prime components they sell. Once you get above the base level they are good value.

Been hanging on for months for their 42cm Aerobar to come back into stock, might miss out on that now.

Shame, because I have a thing about matching stem/bars so this might end up costing me.

2 Likes

A friend ordered a Tacx Neo from Wiggle the other week just before the announcement. Order got cancelled…

3 Likes

Wiggle used to get all my custom. I’ve got dhb kit still going strong purchased over a decade ago.

But they really started to slide, think the final Straw was the website.
Asking customers to download previous order info and in the process binning off the wishlist on your account.

I like their own brand gels… Been waiting months for them to come back in stock.

Shame :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I’ve used them a bit over the years but not much, and not for major purchases.

Beginning of the end for me was when Bridgepoint sold them and the they started charging for returns. I was a premium status customers for over 10 years, so didn’t like that.

1 Like

I ordered and cassette and chain from wiggle about a week ago. They were cheapest available. I was surprised I had to effectively reregister my account and had lost all my order history. I used to use them all the time and had the max loyalty discount, but not bought anything with them for ages.

Was pleasantly surprised I got the old school haribo in the box

6 Likes

Darn. Got my wetsuit and first tri suits etc on wiggle… but yeah… for some reason haven’t used since 2017. Guess Amazon has become the go to for general stuff… It’s so easy

Returns cost money.
Lots of money.
So online retailers should/need to charge for them.

I’ve bought more from TriSportsResort on eBay than I have from WiggleCRC, recently.

But usually Evans has what I want in, same price and I can see it, too.
Rick Green (LBS) usually has stuff at a decent price, too.

Only Amazon to topple now :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Me too, it was the best worst kept secret for a long time and still cannot believe some of the deals I go from there.
The range and quality of goodies on the ebay site has decreased and my keeps reminding me I don’t actually need any of the stuff I’m looking at, like a Ridley Kanza gravel bike……

4 Likes

That depends. If you’re effectively ‘showrooming’ then yes but if you have a history of very few returns and max loyalty for over ten years on the bounce, then no, you can FRO with that shit.

1 Like

The main reason I bought online in the first place, in Oz or over here is because I run (ran ) Campag for over 30 years and LBS monkeys are bloody clueless about how to even install it properly, let alone set it up.

They’re like call centres reading from a script, if it doesn’t say Shimano or in the later years SRAM, they’re so far off piste you’d just as well be talking about washing machines.
Nobody looks after my own bikes better than I do.

4 Likes

Administrators have now been appointed

3 Likes