Endless pools - anyone got any reviews/info?

But then you sit in front of your massive fireplace sipping whiskey, before a session in the spa/pool!

3 Likes

If this WFH took off permanent I know where Iā€™d be moving to

3 Likes

I bet its bleak most of the summer also :rofl:

6 Likes

Not the north of scotland, Im guessing!

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/overseas/details/55064422?search_identifier=ee1d4a95ea1d8eab3dadc20933a81922

Haha, Iā€™ve genuinely looked at these villas before. My family live in Denia and Iā€™d love to move there. I go every year, it is lovely, some great cycling climbs and scenery.

1 Like

East coast is a lot drier than the west, so that may help.

2 Likes

Cheers ā€¦ yeah the endless pools seem to be the one to have ā€¦ tho ā€˜resistance poolsā€™ do a stainless steel one and they retro fit that ā€˜fastlaneā€™ device in the pool to get the same dealā€¦but then it has to get craned into position as its a big thing so it ends up being the same sort of money

We have solar panels so that might help the elec bill ā€¦and we have a big patio so it should be plug in play but still a chunk of money ā€¦ but its the wifeā€™s inheritance so might as well spend it on something useful.

1 Like

I do love it up here :slight_smile: But the winters are dark and tough. Iā€™ve seen castles go for Ā£700-800k up here.

1 Like

Quite seriously - looking at the Elgin house - How friendly do you think people are to ā€˜incomersā€™?

My other half and I are seriously discussing a big lifestyle move but growing up we (my family) had a house in Cornwall for 20 years and then one on the west coast of Scotland for the next 20 and there has very much been a feeling of being tolerated as a visitor (that might be a bit harsh, very welcoming on the surface) but you wouldnā€™t get a warm reception if you actually moved in. It has always made me wary.

Iā€™ve never experienced any ā€œlocal angstā€ living here in Aberdeenshire, 30 miles outside Aberdeen. But Aberdeen is a major industry hub and somewhat cosmopolitan in comparison to more isolated rural areas on the NW coast. I donā€™t know Elgin or the north of Aberdeenshire well, but it looks lovely. Itā€™s not something that would worry me personally, but I donā€™t participate actively in the local community, donā€™t hang out in the pub, Iā€™m not on the community council and PTA etc. I deliberately ignore some of the local in fighting, hedgerow battles and Facebook posturing! Iā€™ll help out locally and be amiable butā€¦

I doubt youā€™d have any issues unless you were buying/building a big McMansion in a deprived area, but Iā€™ve experienced 99% friendliness in NE Scotland.

2 Likes