Fantasy Tour De France 2021 ***NO SPOILERS***

I don’t think there is one. Ewan has won races, Cav, Merlier, think another couple (can’t remember off the top of my head) have been riding decent as well. Should be some open racing.

Just been into town on my day off for a nice lunch and to pick up one of the tdf mags for a bit of help. I need it this year. The field is stacked. Over and above the fact everybody will have pog and rog, I know nothing of the middle ranks to select a few chancers…

Although for 9 credits that old bastard Froome seems appealing…

1 Like

Hmm, fucking mag is out of date before I got home!

2 Likes

I may have to look at my team again😬

I’ve been over mine a dozen times, I don’t think this format of being able to change suits me… prefer to stick than twist if you like…

3 Likes

Yeah, I prefer the one and done format, however, good to have the option.

I’m still looking at my team, changes will happen.

Every time i come into this thread, i open my team and change it!! :see_no_evil:

I’m going for Cav, Ewan and Sagan in the opening week.

Both Cav and Sagan are decent puncheurs and both may want a few extra stage wins.
The rolling nature of the two non-flat opening stages looks like it might suit them.

Whoever wins the first stage will probably be in yellow for a while, so that’s going to be a good shout :face_with_monocle:

Thing is, I’ve just had two days off work, come back to loads of new work and I’ve got this to sort out, as well as recabling my race TT bike and tarting her up for race day :see_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

So Patrick Lefevere reckons Bennett’s injury is more mental than physical?

I’ve gone for Demare. He cleaned up at the '20 Giro. Hoping for that sort of form again.

Yeah - I read that.
It echoes what @Hammerer kind of said somewhere (might’ve been Facebook?)

He’s injured, but not recovering properly, as his mind is telling him he’s weak :cry:
Usually, in sport, someone incredible comes along, then the second fiddle usually gets better, too (Federer / Nadal, Nicklaus / Palmer, Borg / McEnroe)

It seems like Cavs addition to the squad has weakened Bennett.
They need a decent sports psychologist onboard, poor lad :cry::ireland:

Going to be some interesting team dynamic on the flatter days for DQS; assume they play for Bennett on pure sprinter stages i.e. pan flat; for the rolling ones or if SB has been dropped, then Cav?

1 Like

Yeah, SB has goneski.
Cav only.

Best get those shades out :tooth::grimacing::dark_sunglasses::sunglasses:

Do’h didn’t read the article, I thought they were both riding which would have been odd.

Valverde still top 10 in the UCI rankings aged 41. Suspend your disbelief!

1 Like

How old was Chris Horner when he won the Vuelta?

I cant see Cav in the list to pick??

1 Like

He’s not replaced SB yet…

…he won’t win a stage, so it’ll be a nostalgic pick, anyhow.

Here’s my team for Week 1 (Stage 8-ish)

Shame that WvA and MvdP are classed as “sprinters” :frowning:
Looking to keep my transfers down, whilst getting some good points in the first week.
WvA is a straight swap out for Roglic
Ewan to be swapped for Geraint.
Then probably dump Hirshci and Dan Martin for Pogacar and Chris Froome (may as well have nostalgia if I’m getting nil pois for a rider!)

Here’s my picks for Week 1:

Stage 1
MvdP, WvA, Sagan?

Stage 2
Dan Martin (he’s won here before)
Cosnefroy

Stage 3
Ewan, Merlier, Cav?

Stage 4
Same as above

Stage 5 - ITT
WvA, Stefan Kung, Asgreen

Stage 6
Ewan, Merlier, Cav?

Stage 7
MvdP, WvA, Alaphillipe

1 Like

What was it you were saying on the other thread about people being learned and thinking too much?!?!

I just picked a bunch based on who may win some stages and who may win GC. That’s it. No tactical analysis of each stage and transfers etc! Waaaay too much thinking for my tiny brain!!!

2 Likes

Ah, but that’s being actually clever, innit
This is just reading a few magazines, then using that power of the people shizzle to estimate whoever is picked the most often is most likely to win, that’s how it works, right?

1 Like