Fasting

Yeah, you naturally either have a high BMR or a smallish frame because that is quite lightI. The lightest I’ve ever been was in the run up to a marathon when I got to 76kg at 178cm.

I’m a little taller (188cm) but 30kg heavier. I’m definitely overweight but I’m pretty sure I’d have to start losing some quite important bits to get anywhere near that?

I’m in @NickBerry camp as well. I eat a ton of food, always have. I’m feeling super hungry and starting to get a bit shaky now (10.53) as i’ve not had time to grab anything since breakfast at about 7.30.

We eat dinner quite early (5-6) and i’ll pretty much always be eating again in the evening. Trouble is, at the mo, that’s generally bad snacks. But i’m ok with that.

I have a big problem with satiety too, which is why i think i’m addicted to all forms of bread (plus it’s just bleddy lush and i love it). I couldn’t eat a main meal that was lacking in carbs and not be raiding the cupboards shortly after.

I would be a quivering wreck within a few hours if i didn’t have breakfast. I can also get really cranky when i’m hungry, especially late afternoon before dinner.

i’m about 173 cms and 72kgs now. Heaviest i’ve been (this xmas) was 75kgs, lowest that i know of was about 67/8kgs when i was London mara training (100 mile running weeks etc).

The thought of fasting genuinely sends shivers down my spine.

4 Likes

But you will randomly run all night?!

Nothing wrong with that by the way…!

We are all very different.

1 Like

Waiting for @Poet views on fasting :joy:

5 Likes

Just don’t label your run/ride title as fasted :rofl:

4 Likes

What you talkin’ ‘bout Willis?

It’s for chumps.

It’s 11am, I’ve been up since 0540.
No exercise ‘Cos of my asthma.
I’m grumpy.
I’ve ate;

Banana
Nakd bar
Two slices of toast with at least 25g of butter and 30g peanut butter
Two mini pork and pickle pies with a dash of mustard
Two kebab-type chillies
Two slices of manchego
Three coffees
750ml High5 Zero

5 Likes

On the podcast it mentioned that when you eat was just as important as what you eat if interested in weight loss. You can get away with eating crap - or as he calls it a Western diet - if you eat at the right times.

1 Like

Do that and you’re labelled a tw@t

Reminds me of my 05:30 session

0530 mile repeats at 5:30/mile before work.
An hour of them, mouth sick some bile, then walk into the office at 0630, showered and at my desk for 0700.

Fasted my arse.
Just doing a sesh before brekkie innit.

4 Likes

I can eat for England, but can also fast pretty easily most days until lunchtime.

Never eat before a morning session.
Have some EAA powder in water when I get to work.

2 hour run last weekend was all fuelled on the food from the night before.

7 Likes

Yeah so I’ve had a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea so far today.

I’m going to absolutely raid Sainsbury’s at lunch - not until 1 though :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Should’ve stocked up last night, pal

3 Likes

Pork and pickle. I’ll have a look out for them

Interesting, despite feeling pretty hungry right now that stuff doesn’t really appeal much here. Although the price is mighty fine. :+1: Pork pies yuck & those sanis look a tad greasy for my taste. Now a nice tuna and onion sani with rocket, or maybe a baked spud and tuna or beans, followed by a couple of bananas - that would go down nicely

1 Like

Cheat day …?!

every day

2 Likes

So if I run one on t mill 14 hours after my last meal on just black coffee, which I got into a habit of doing last year … that’s not fasted?

16?
18?
20?

8 I’d guess would have you in some sort of fasted state

1 Like

I’ve been cooking lunch (warm salads etc) for most of lockdown, but Sainsbury’s have been giving stuff away recently.
Too good not to buy :rofl:

2 Likes

Where to start. OK, if it works for you, well done. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes