Government Fix Your Bike Scheme

Absolutely, this was the first time I’d use this shop and they seemed to do a good job. A bit pricier than I was expecting but then I’m happy to pay it for the jobs I can’t/won’t do.

Harsh - ignoring my very thread started for this… :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve got an old mountain bike and the hydraulic disc brake has completed locked up so the wheel can’t move at all. So decided that’d be a good use of the voucher.

“We want to reach those people to whom the £50 voucher will make a real difference between repairing their bike and not doing so. A limited number of vouchers are available so please consider the needs of others before applying.”

But read the above and decided against continuing. Given I have a road bike, CX, TT & single speed run around, I couldn’t with good conscience continue.

Usually the hydraulic fluid is old and has absorbed moisture and expanded, forcing the pistons out.
Drain, flush with new fluid and bleed should fix. If pistons have seized totally in place then you can try and free up, regrease, new seals etc, but a good complete new pre-bled brake set (lever, cable, caliper) can be had for £30 so may not be worth the effort.

1 Like