Helen Jenkins

Good to see HJ is finally getting back to racing again with her debut 70.3 coming up shortly out in the Middle East. Read an article the other day that said she couldn’t even walk after having her baby, so great to see her back at (hopefully) full strength.

No idea how she’ll fair, buti hope she goes well!

Yeah, but is she doing this year’s marquee HIM, Outlaw Half Bowood eh? I wonder if I can rope anyone else here into doing it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I reckon she’s running scared of the competition at the Outlaw half and decided to do the 113 instead :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if any TTers will be at the 113 this year?

Not sure if you count me as a TT’er, but i’ll be there… Symes is doing it to.

1 Like

Enjoy! Hopefully they have changed the 113 bike back to the usual course, with the hill and fast descent. Well, that’s what I would prefer personally!

:thinking: Surely the fact you were able to reply proves you are a member of the happy family. Unless you just want us to regenerate your house and then leave.

1 Like

Decent race for Helen at Dubai, she’s always someone I liked.

Not sure she’s had a huge block of training but 1:25 or something on the run isn’t too bad for a first effort.

Hopefully a bit more to come.

Jeff

Yeah she was in 3rs for a fair while but that American was flying on the run.

There was some other British lad that finished about 7th or 8th with the 2md fastest run of the day. Hadn’t heard his name before.

There was a couple of brits I hadn’t heard of that did well but I really don’t follow the races that much TBF.

A local lad I know initially thought he’d won M55 but apparently a timing alteration pushed him into second.

Jeff

sounds like they proper screwed up the swim timing… one of my friends was showing as something like 2:25 per 100m pace, and he’s FOP swimmer… they corrected his swim time by nearly 20 mins eventually!