Right then. After messing about with wheels for the TT for a while I’ve now managed to sell the clinchers before the tubs so tubs it is. It’s a nice set of older Zipp 1080’s with Powertap in the rear, so pretty decent kit. I could have done a lot worse.
But. How the hell do you deal with these things?
First I had some cheapskate Tufos but the wheels deserve better so I’ve stripped those off again. Cleaned it all down and now ready to glue some Corsa G+ Triathlons on there.
- Any tips for the glue part? Ordered some Mastek and some brushes according to various videos and posts.
- What’s your glue process?
- Do I fill them with puncture-proofing like my tubeless?
- Do I glue the Tufo as a spare?
- Do you just fold it up, glue on the inside, and pack it behind the saddle?
- If I do puncture mid-race, what’s the process? Known problems/tricks?
- Anything else you can add that I don’t know?
Seems peculiar to go back to something now considered “old tech” but my TT is a definite “just for fun” bike. And if tubs used to work I should be able to make it work as well I assume.
Advice gratefully appreciated.