Hibernating your TT bike

Oh yeah, I’ve had to limp to the next lamppost before to fix a flat! Although I carry a headtorch in my pannier in winter just in case!

1 Like

Anyways…a massive 26.7kmh for 91km on the winter grinder. NP was 211W.
I’d be close to 34kmh on the TT bike for that :sob:

This isn’t the training thread :wink: But I bet you enjoyed riding a road bike!

Oh, shit! Ha ha ha

Actually got my tt on the turbo yesterday and intend keeping it there for the winter, first time as I normally clean it up and store it away.

I’m only doing bike/train commuting about 45mins total per day. Full commute is nearly 45km +666m each way, I just can’t fathom Braested Hill on ‘the Italian Stallion’ yet.

I hadn’t thought of that though, so I’ll swap on some Gator 25s before then. Maybe try that gel stuff for the first time. Floating around on Kenda Kwick 28s at the moment which don’t even appear on bicyclerollingresistance! :sweat_smile:

TT was on the turbo all last winter, this time I’m giving myself some variety.

Autumn/Winter. Outside: Steel, Turbo: Roadie, Bikebox: TT
Spring/Summer. Outside: Roadie, Turbo: TT, Bikebox: Steel

1 Like

Just put the winter chain, cassette and brake blocks (with winter wheels) on the TT bike…

…bloody headset has seized :frowning:
Pretty sure riding it for an hour or so will free it (or I will crash and die)

All the sweat, and sports drink!

One of the many benefits of no disc brakes - just loosen off, smash out the fork and regrease :smiley:
No bleeding brakes to get the handlebars off etc etc.

My hydraulic cables have junctions, so you can remove the fork without a bleed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

NICE!
What brand are they?
Just what came specced on the Canyon?

Yes. Made it nice & easy to swap the front brake to the left/euro side too, when it was delivered.

So you’re one of those weirdos?!

Makes perfect sense. You can go into a corner using your more powerful brake (left hand), and down shift at the same time with the other hand.

When you put it like that, I can kinda see the point, but it’s still heresy. Hiring a bike in Lanza has always been a weird experience.

For a while had mixed bikes, drove me mad, every time I went for a ride had to check whether right lever was for rear

Makes zero sense if you’ve ever raced motorbikes. :smile:

1 Like

So…turns out I CBAd with taking the steerer out yesterday.
I flipped the bike up and left some penetrating oil seeping through the headset overnight…

…gave it a quick test this morning, and whilst it sounded like a bag of spanners each time I turned it, it worked.

Nice 68 minute spin on the main roads.

I think I spend more time gussying her up, getting myself ready, then getting cleaned off when home than I did actually riding.
I can sort of see the benefits of winter indoor training, in that respect.

2 Likes

Provided you have a bike set-up on a trainer ready to go; otherwise for me, the faff of bike set-up including swapping power pedals, Ethernet powerline adaptors in the utility room or garage and so on make it quite time consuming.

Once the building work is finished, I will leave a ‘permanent’ set-up in the garage.

1 Like