How many running shoes do you have in rotation?

Well…From them, I’ve only paid full price for three of them. Rest have been either birthday codes or a ridiculous 60-70% off during a sale.

Full price for 4% and StreakFly.
Oh! And the Solomon’s :+1:t3:

The Peg Shields are bloody brilliant, IMO.
They’ve got a “weatherised” sole which is nice and grippy on tarmac in the wet, but also good enough for a bit of mud and light trail action.
Reflective strips, gore-tex and all that jazz.
Problem is, they don’t seem to wear out.
So when I see a pair for £66 on sale, I buy them 🫣

The Kerra Tigers are awful to run in on trails, which is what they are meant to be for, but are ace for muddy XC races with a lot of tarmac/trail paths. So I used them for that.

My Wildhorse were utterly naff for running in, so became dog walking trainers (much to my wife’s chagrin) after just 12km of running in them.

I would not buy another pair of Alphas.
After stating for a long time how I didn’t like the “flat” feel of the front of the Next%, I’ve finally learned to enjoy it (possibly after running in the StreakFly?)
So, as mentioned before, maybe a custom pair of Next%…although they don’t have my size :sob:

1 Like

I do have another pair of road shoes, some Hoka Arahi 3s but they were horrible compared to the originals that I quickly relegated them to gardening and yard work duties.

Inov8 X Talon 0 km
Altra Escalante 60 km
Nike Zoom X 122 km
Newton Bocca 267 km
Merrell Bare Access 31 km - now a day/coaching shoe
Nike Zoom Tempo 227 km
Altra Escalante 891 km
Altra Escalante Paris 824 km
Nike 4% 162 km
Merrell Trail Glove 753 km
Altra The One 991 km
Inov8 X Talon 599 km

Plus various other race and five finger shoes.

Luggage was over weight at the airport and I nearly threw away an older pair of Merrell Trail Gloves…but stuffed them in my inside coat pockets and am wearing them now…super comfy…

2 Likes

I have quite a few (my wife says I have a problem) but the variety of trails round here means I feel I need a variety :eyes: . Also I like to vary the drop/support of a shoe so that I keep working my foot as much as possible. I also stash a few at work.

Altra Escalante 2 - daily road
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37/38 - daily road (planning to switch to Saucony for next supported daily)
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 - daily trail (grip only good for tame/flat trails)
Nike Vaporfly 4% Flyknit - triathlon race shoe
Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next% - race day
Inov-8 Mudclaw 275 - for when it’s sloppy
Inov-8 TerraUltra 260 - clunky trail shoe but prevents feet getting too wet
Inov-8 Trailtalon 235 - dry trail shoe - grips are rubbish and minimal cushioning
Inov-8 X-Talon 225 - well used fell shoe still use it for swimrun
Inov-8 X-Talon G210 - new race fell shoe
Inov-8 RocLite G275 - long run trail (wanted to buy the Peregrine 12, but they didn’t come out in time) - grip is pretty good and enough support so feet are not battered after a long run with a mixture of surfaces.

1 Like