Humans in the future

Everyday life for whom exactly?

I didn’t mention the super rich.

I’m pretty sure the richest few hundred thousand people counts as the ‘super rich’. I am also pretty certain that amongst that 7 billion people, the % of the population that have their lives affected by automation and AI is increasing year-on-year. Like I said, look at cars, they are slowly taking away the decisions the human driver has to make; that’s just one example.

The average working class person in developed countries has the opportunity to live a much less physical existence if they so wish. Long gone are the days of most people riding their bikes or walking to the coalpits & factories of the UK. Look at kids, they don’t have to pick up an encyclopaedia or ask a adult to find stuff out any more; they can ask Alexa.

It’s not difficult to see the evolution.

Are you still in Slowtwitch mode here?

I’m in 3.5h sleep last night mode, if that’s what you mean?

Funny :joy:

I really don’t think the party could handle me at the moment.

Freak show…why do you think that people generally don’t bother standing up to try to make things better? Intolerance, whether framed as banter or not. The funny thing is that it is just possible, albeit unlikely, that my work has already saved your life. Or may do one day (or derivatives from my work developed by others). I have put up with two decades of grief, from people who really should know better, which does raise the question why should I keep bothering, especially now that nature is taking its course.

Evolution takes a looong time.

I don’t think there are enough people affected, or affected enough to make a difference. Nor do I believe the technological changes have a lifting that will match the multigenerational impact required for evolutionary change.

cultural evolution is currently surpassing biological evolution…

Yes I was talking about ‘evolution’ in the round; not genetically. Culturally, the human race has evolved hugely since the Industrial Revolution.

1 Like

Ah big difference - I think we are living through a cultural transformation but I can’t foresee its outcome. Ourselves and our children are able to literally see what their ancestors did, I think the cultural Impact of this is only just starting to take effect, and a generations come reviewing social media (these forums), direct messages left from people to their great, great grandchildren, and so on.

As for informational age societies and physical exercise, I don’t think the status quo will last. In Britain I think we’re seeing a kick back to a less permissive, more strict society, sports will become less about enjoyment and more about a moral duty to be physically fit. Unlikely to be a religio-philosophical drive, more basic like reducing NHS costs and the burden on society.

Industrial and preindustrial society may well have been more physical, but they certainly weren’t more healthy, so I don’t see the automation of manual labour as a bad thing, and I’ve never seen any societal good about driving, so it’s automation and hopeful elimination would be a good thing.

they seem to be ignoring much of it at present…

At the risk of treading on eggshells; a discussion over the break with someone (non German) who worked for a German company said there was still anti-Semitism there; he would have to go to Israel as senior managers refused to deal with them face-to-face on major projects. It would appear that it was a taboo subject, but the evidence in everyday (business) life was there.

He said it was an ‘anti’ issue not a guilt issue. I don’t know :man_shrugging:

To lighten this up a little, decades ago, once when I got to the top of Ben Nevis I went up with a chap I met in the hostel who was just out of the Israeli Army.

We both started with a large bottle of water. At the top I had about an inch left. He had drank about an inch.

Good day out, good company.

Not like you :smile:

1 Like

hence there being multiple narratives…

and as every good christian knows…it was the jews what done it…

https://fra.europa.eu/fraWebsite/material/pub/AS/AS-WorkingDefinition-draft.pdf

“ e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus”

Ejc I know you don’t like the EU much but this was easy to find, and it is the standard that is expected to be adopted everywhere I believe.

You may find 2/3rds of the way down, as quoted above, that your good Christian views fall into anti-semitism due to the Jesus part.

Bit of a problem that one given that is what is taught.

Had to serious it up again. :smiley:

But it is a point, Christianity teaches one thing that appears to now be accepted as part of the standard of AS. How does that work?

Does anyone know what is the Jewish official position on who killed Jesus?

What the hell?

How did humans in the future get to Jewish blood guilt?

And whoever is stirring this up should be ashamed of themselves.

On this forum, or in general?

Regarding on this thread, I believe you primed the pump with comments about current generations learning from their ancestors. Shame on you! :upside_down_face:

for the record, they are not my christian views…

this document and its like has caused lots of problems and will continue to do so for many years to come…

Humans in the future…NetFlix has it covered with the excellent Sense8 series. :partying_face:

One technique that I use to philosophise on such matters is to (and this is real hard at first) take a virtual step out of the daily grind and try to look at the issue/the world from an independent global perspective. It opens up a lot of insight.

I suppose in a way similar to ‘red teaming’ where you consider the other sides position, but much more comprehensive as you are looking from an overall perspective above the details of individual perspectives.

Anyone here willing to admit that their dna testing has found Nethanderal or Denisovian genetics in them along with their homo Sapien dna? It’s surprisingly common. Scientific fact.

Agreed, so don’t ask me why I allowing myself to getting dragged into this nonsense, but here goes…

[Panto Season]

Oh no it doesn’t!

[Panto Season]

The exact quote is “Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g., claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.”

It is the ‘characterize’ part that you appear to be missing.

The reference to antisemitism is that you can’t claim Israel, or Israelis, killed Jesus.

• As Israel didn’t exist at the time.
  • And Israelis are not 100% Jewish, they include Arabs and Christians too.

Remember that The Bible (both Old & New testaments) is a religious, not factual, document. :wink:

“Who killed Jesus?”

Does it matter?

Do you want to blame the descendants of Pontius Pilate, or the Romans?

Or perhaps modern Italians are to blame? :rolling_eyes:

Note:
I am currently under the influence of cough mixture and Lemsip and should know better than to get involved in this.

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile: