Humans in the future

Well, whatever reason @SloggingScotsman and @explorerJC brought up antisemtism here and not in a Jeremy Corbyn thread I’d like it to be clear that “good Christians” and Christianity is not antisemitic, and does not teach that the death of Jesus was the fault of Jews. Jesus was himself a Jew. It’s a nonsense, and merely having to address this crap is offensive.

you may be offended by it, but it doesn’t make your interpretation correct…

it was the supposed rejection of jesus by the jews that resulted in his demise*…hence many pogroms were influenced by certain passages in the gospel of john (iirc)…

…and i suppose it does matter to the many people who have died…

*of course, without such rejection, none of the prophecies would have come true…

you may not be offended by it, or recognise the illogic and irrationality of it…which does make my view correct.

I’m not sure that the Holocaust was as a result of the crucificion.

That’s misplaced confidence for you…

the fact that it sounds illogical or irrational is not something i would contend…but i didn’t write the scriptures and nor did i use them to justify pogroms…

in part…

So I ordered Sapiens to read based on the first bit of this thread.

2 Likes

It really is a fascinating book. Will warn you some of it is close to my own views, based on my observations in life. Enjoy it.