Humour me - new bike suggestions

I’ve been looking at the Specialized Venge and Tarmac. That’s a massive saving. Maybe upgrading other parts might be the way to go, although I don’t think it will make much difference at all. I like my Boardman and have upgraded the wheels already. Tbh I’m in my mid fifties and not sure I’d gain much from a swanky new bike. I’m never going to win anything. LOL

You are all speaking wise words. I have a coach, I have a smart turbo and I like my Boardman. I’ve upgraded my wheels, so I really don’t think I’d be gaining much with a new bike, or changing for a lighter saddle and pedals etc. Just got to keep getting out there and ridiing the hills. Consistency will be key and hopefully the hills will become easier and easier. I get up the hills, just slow.

Thank you for all the advice.

Oh FFS - look what you lot have done - you’ve convinced this poor man that he doesn’t need a new bike!!!

A new bike is always a pleasurable experience, regardless of whether it’ll actually make you any faster :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. If someone wants to spoil themselves with a new bike then who are we to question it.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: