Huub II v III

Anyone know of any significant differences between the Huub Archimedes III compared to the older Archimedes II? What have they improved on?

The marketing? :sweat_smile:

There are always some serious deals to be had on the Huub suits if you’re patient.

1 Like

No specific knowledge but the sceptic in me will say design with minor (likely unnoticeable) differences in performance. But I assume the same for all products and that its only after few generations see any real difference. I’m not one to upgrade if current version still works.
Progressions like vaporfly are few and far between.

1 Like

I bought the lll from sportspursuits for £250 everywhere else it’s £400 ish, so great deal, trouble is it was a tad small and don’t have the correct size in the lll, but have it in the ll. do I go for the ll?? :thinking:

Wow, so they do. And in my size. With a 15% off voucher, that’ll be £212.50. Plus I have £5 SP credit, and maybe some more to come from @goldenboots. I have £70 worth of Huub vouchers and was looking at getting one of their A1 ex-demos for £290 using those, but might as well just get this and buy something else with the vouchers.

As for the original question, I have no idea what difference it makes, but apparently quite a lot. The neoprene is a brand new type. It was the first suit to use it, and is still what they’re using in their Brownlee top model collaboration. Full bicep/tricep release, rather than just bicep. Plus some other things you can see on the website.

I’ve tried the Albacore and hated it. Assuming the Archimedes III sizes up the same as the II, I’m planning on giving it a go I think, and this sport pursuit deal that I’d previously missed likely seals the deal

1 Like

That’s gonna be one cheap ass Huub wetsuit :joy: the 15% you mention that’s not an online discount code, is it?

Is the question - do I buy a wetsuit that fits me or one that doesn’t?

Agree with @pcp the better wetsuit is one that fits you, by far the most important factor. Some brands just don’t work for some people.

Nope!

Anyone know of any significant differences between the Huub Archimedes III compared to the older Archimedes II? What have they improved on?

I take the point generally with regards to wetsuits. But if you’re an avid Archimedes II user, like me, then assuming they keep the fit the same, the original question by the OP is perfectly sensible

1 Like