IM Austria 23!

Ask TC, they’ll all be in his diary for this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, go figure!

t_C does them all.

He just won the last version of TriX in >20 hours.
No thanks :x:

I think events have shifted from local to more razzmatazz based ones :white_check_mark:

It’s all for the Gram these days.
No more small, independent long course races with ~100 lunatics just racing themselves, with amazingly passionate local organisers.

takes me back to the Longest Day days (never did it myself) - passionate organiser, small numbers, and bonkers people. One of the guys working on my garden did it back in the day - turns out he’s a friend of Martin Like who was Littlefatwelshman on TT1.0

2 Likes

Came back last year,

Pretty sure @Toyota_Crown crown started a similar long distance here somewhere

This year was the last one apparently

1 Like

Oh bugger, I thought they only just restarted it

1 Like

Destination types

Uk, family
Wales, family
Ireland, friends
Vitoria, single
Barcelona, couple, single or friends
Cascais, couple or single
Vichy, single
Nice, couple or friends
Thun, family
Hamburg, single
Frankfurt, couple
Copenhagen, single
Kalmer, couple
Austria, single
Tallinn, single
Majorca, family & friends
Lanza, family
Italy, couple

Yep, got in thanks!
Accommodation will be sorted shortly!

3 Likes

Hi all, as Austria is fast approaching and everything is sorted, probably gonna drive as the flights don’t fit in with me.
Anyone got any good recommendations on an overnight stay around Munich area, close to the motorway wtc?
Thanks in advance.

We stayed at a place near Dinkelsbühl but I can’t remember where exactly because it was a bit random, pulled off the motorway and drove for a bit then stopped randomly. :laughing:

2 Likes

Any ideas where I would find the temp of the lake for IM Austria, was non-wetsuit last time I did it, I know the weather has been pretty poor in the area and summer hasn’t really got going!
I know it’s about 2 weeks earlier than normal so just stealing myself in case it’s a non-wetsuit swim again!

2 Likes

Shows weather and water temp. Actual temp is 14 C

2 Likes

You can certainly take your family to Klagenfurt. There is other stuff to do, and it’s one of the most convenient to spectate at.

1 Like

As nice as Bolton for a family holiday? Nonsense.

6 Likes

I think that list is jumbled-up.

Don’t even remember posting it. But I was probably right, given I’m right about virtually everything.

Austria is definitely better for single racers than family.

1 Like

What was the thing you liked most in all your visits to Klagenfurt? :joy:

The VD clinic - very professional!

1 Like

Should have avoided the Campsite.

1 Like