Inseine...countdown to the Olympics

100 days to go…

Team GB triathletes are on probiotics in preparation…

5 Likes

Is that what they call it these days :wink:

jk, there’s no way the younger British guys and girls are juiced, only have to see their progression to know nothing unusual is ging on

5 Likes

Probiotics i.e. yoghurt :joy:

3 Likes

Can of coke after the swim and they will be alright

7 Likes

Here’s a question for you people with medical knowledge:
I did a local race in the Severn 3 times and was violently ill the 1st and 3rd time, never done it since.
The 2nd time I was on antibiotics already for a nasal infection and wasn’t ill, I’ve always wondered if that was just luck or would antibiotics give any sort of protection against it?

1 Like

no shit sherlock :rofl:

3 Likes

Our favourite yoghurt sales rep needs to get in on this action :grin:

6 Likes

no idea…there might be some link…

1 Like

Might send the link to our marketing team! :joy:

5 Likes

#Broscience right here.

Along with @d.t, we raced in Belgium last year.

The vast majority of competitors became ill afterwards, with one poor girl ending up in Intensive care (from the river).

I caught something, but nowhere near as bad as others.

Question, did the 10 strong Belgium beers I had afterwards help?

I think so.

9 Likes

now if you had drunk them before…

5 Likes

Perhaps this what they mean when they talk about “odd” infections :man_shrugging:t2: ??

4 Likes

You ain’t getting me in there a 4th time to prove your theory :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Probs nothing to worry about from the 4th time, but the 5th time might be the clincher. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This’ll probably become a duathlon anyway…

2 Likes

which should help Yee and Potter, although Beth’s swimming ain’t bad these days.

1 Like

Danone already plastering France with their sponsorship. They even have PFP on board and she’s not going near any swimming.

1 Like

They are going to great efforts to keep the water ‘clean’ apparently

1 Like

a €billion+ of effort

2 Likes

Mostly, they’re crossing their fingers that it stays dry. Do we have details on how the money has been spent? Unless they’ve sealed-up all the outflows for 30 miles upstream, I’m doubtful.

OTOH there was a lot of concern about all the open water sports at Rio 2016, which failed to materialise

2 Likes