IRON FEBRUARY

My like was for his lack of swimming. Solidarity and all that :wink:

8 Likes

Chocolate and vodka !
Nice!

Night fellas… don’t think we ever need to mention this little “ episode “ ever again xxx.

4 Likes

Good effort… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, did indeed swim twice today. 1500m in the morning, and then another approx 800ish in the afternoon with Mrs. Wasn’t pretty.

Also had a run. So:

beers: 0/2
runs: 2/2
swims: 2/2 (sort of)

Feeling in a good place with this. January was not a healthy month for me, one way or another. I’m feeling and looking a bit out of shape right now. Going to try to turn that ship back around in Feb. Will try to keep offering thumbs up and positive vibes to anyone here who wants to do the same :+1:

10 Likes

Yeah, 6W/kg is embarrassing :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

He’s probably weighed in at 68.2kg - mostly due to his increased bone density from all the calcium!

6 Likes

Annoyingly missed three days in Jan, 2 for sickness, 1 for childcare. Will aim do something everyday.

Cycling is in a good spot atm, poor couple of weeks for running and I need to restart swimming again!

5 Likes

Harsh!

6 Likes

No booze - 2/2 ( even went to the pub with the family and had a diet coke)
Training - 2/2 (didnt train yesterday but did 2 today so averaging it out)
10k Steps - 2/2

Bossing life today. Bumped my squats up by 10kg. Wasnt intentional. Added 5kg after my last session then today added 5kg in the app again without realising I had already done it. It was fine though.

11 Likes

I had my first drink in a couple of months today, my sis came to visit, so went out for a burger (the in-laws visiting too but they weren’t at dinner)

8 Likes

I found myself in the Black Isle last night, unexpectedly I may add. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth a pizza and 1 beer was thoroughly enjoyed :yum:

Followed by the worst nights sleep I’ve had in weeks. Coincidence?

3 Likes

no…

you should have had 2 beers…

2 Likes

Have been tracking my sleep with the Garmin I got for Christmas

The worst night sleep I have had this year (by a country mile) are after I have had a few drinks

I have been surprised how much it appears to impact

5 Likes

5 days into February

alcohol : 0/5
runs: 5/5
swims 5/5

swimming is pretty dismal, used to be an OK swimmer but am miles off the pace currently. Hope it comes back. At the moment I’m just swimming a distance continuously, usually 1500m, rather than trying anything more structured.

8 Likes

I find that totally destroys me.
Much prefer 30 x 50m off 60s in the pool.

But for running, just run.

Swimming goes way too slowly if it’s just LSD :diving_mask:

2 Likes

Think I’d pop a shoulder out, trying that sort of malarkey just yet. Weak as a kitten. Maybe in a few weeks.

Weird thing about alcohol. Perhaps because I know I can’t easily have it, I have stopped thinking about it & so far am not missing it.

3 Likes

Exercise 5/5 - in fact better than that
Alcohol - 0/5 - decent AF IPA last night
Choc - 2/5 - incident with a box of leftover caramel truffles from Christmas. To be fair I had resisted since Christmas

8 Likes

Now at 9/9 for running, 9/9 for swimming, and haven’t had a drink since 30th January. :innocent:

Feeling OK. If beer was available I’d definitely drink it, but it’s not and so far I don’t mind. Think we are probably not going to apply for a licence to buy booze, to remove any temptation.

Swimming…trying hard to breathe life into the corpse… don’t know if the resuscitation effort is going to be successful.

Running- perfect temperature to be outdoors, feeling the love of exploring on 2 feet at the mo👍

9 Likes

You’re swimming is really consistently. Are you sure you are a triathlete?

7 Likes

Well slap me with a salmon. Did it. 1 month, no alcohol.

There was one evening about a week ago where if there had been a beer within 5km I’d have polished it off for sure. Otherwise no wobbles.

I’d like to say how much better it feels and how much more youthful the skin looks etc. But actually I don’t feel any different. I still creak like a door and am wrinklier than Yoda.

Will definitely be enjoying a malted beverage on return to the UK :beers:

13 Likes