Ironman 70.3 Dubai

Hi iv got free accommodation for this race, anyone on here done the race, good and bad points if any please
thanks

done it once, fast n flat , a good event with excellent bag,coat etc & a great meal at the awards ceremony (the best I have ever been to ).
swim is sometimes done as a shortened swim in the harbour as the sea can be very lumpy.

only negatives are alcohol is expensive & could not find bacon sandwiches

thanks sounds good

This should be in pink, right :wink::tipping_hand_man:t4:

You won’t get bacon sandwiches in hotels as there’s nowhere to cook them without contaminating the rest of the kitchen. But there is a ready, legal supply of bacon at most supermarkets.

If however you are self-catering, simply go and buy your own bacon at a supermarket (not a French one) such as Spinneys or waitrose and cook your own.

I lived in Dubai for years, currently live in Abu Dhabi so know the area very well so if you have any questions, just ask.

I did a video of the cycle route a couple of years ago which is linked somewhere on the archived forum (unfortunately)

thanks

Not really. After Bahrain, we went to the mall next to the race site to get post-race food and I was desperate for a beer to celebrate. Until my friends had to inform me it was a “dry mall”. Coke it was. Not nearly as satisfying.

All malls are dry here. You need to go to a hotel to get a beer.

And here’s the video - it’ll cover most of the latest route.

When do entries for this typically open? It’s still TBD on the Ironman website.

Pretty sure he was jesting about beer & bacon :wink: