Ironman Italy

I’m glad you specified that the sheep would be distant :see_no_evil:

1 Like

it’s the Cotswolds, not Wales!

You need to rewatch 28 days later, a single drop and you’re history :scream:

I’m not sure what “lockdown” actually means, other than a ban on mass gatherings. It looks like people are still able to get around locally but inter-regional travel is restricted? Aren’t the restaurants still open, but only one person per table and 1m between tables?

If you think of the situation here, the supermarkets don’t have the capacity to deliver everyone’s groceries so people will still need to get to the shops for supplies because everyone won’t have stockpiled enough food for a few weeks. The people who work in the shops and any essential services also have to get there

And those restrictions are completely unworkable! Do they have someone walking around the bars and shops with a ruler, a bit like a crazy headmaster at a school making sure the kids aren’t hooking up!

Yes, I think the gist of it is no unessential travel or gatherings; keep (close) contact with others at a bare minimum; stay at home (and work) as much as you can if your job allows.

Staying fit is obviously essential :upside_down_face: (except visiting the local pool obvs!)

There was footage on the news of supermarkets restricting the number of people in the supermarkets so they don’t come into close contact with each other, but then there’s a long queue of people stood next to each other outside :thinking:

2 Likes

Perfect time for photographers to get some cracking images of some of the key sites without loads of people in the way!!

The pics of Venice right now are crazy. just the pigeons and a few people ambling about with nothing to do. Got to be hitting those sole traders/SMEs pretty flippin hard!

Well Italy and Spain have been whinging about too many tourists for years, so they’ve got to be happy now, surely?

2 Likes

Joking aside. If you were ‘trapped’ in the US that would have serious consequences in the future if you overstay. No ESTA in the future and applying for a B2 will almost certainly end in a refusal.

Did you become @Mungo2 when C19 arrived :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

They are the ‘Treadmill Twins’.

2 Likes

Abused on my own thread!

Treadmill marathons are the stuff of legend!!

2 Likes