It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

208 runs from 100 balls for Manchester Originals :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah watching the game. Think there were 16 sixes or something, and Dre Russel hardly scored any, despite being the Arnie of modern cricket.

1 Like

The Hundred. 4 balls 2 wickets, 2 ducks.

2 Likes

Lawrence has the oddest bowling technique ive seen. But its bloody effective. 3 for 3 from 9 balls.

1 Like

No-one told me the next test had started! Good morning for England, see if they can let SA off the hook this afternoonā€¦

ETA - just became a great morning

1 Like

Checked the score and surprised at how well Englandā€™s attack are doing.

2 Likes

Rabada top scorer, hmmm, didnā€™t see that coming

1 Like

Time for a big innings from Bairstow?

1 Like

Back to one day scoring again, hope he doesnā€™t get too carried away

1 Like

Finally caught up with the Hundred and then the Test highlights.

Great effort by Englandā€™s bowlers, especially my favourite Jimmy Anderson. Heā€™s only 2 years younger than me and still delivering. 32 for 3 off 15 overs. Broad also had a great bowl.

They are still antagonising the SA fast bowlers when they are in to bat with the short ball. It didnā€™t work last time so why persist.

Some crap from the opening batting order though. Although in their defence what do you against Nortje. 97mph top speed. Not only is that basically unplayable but also the range it gives you with slower balls is hard to deal with.

Bairstow needs to launch some stuff into orbit tomorrow morning session and Crawley needs to hold his nerve.

1 Like

If they can bat through to tea at least then that should provide the perfect base to go on and win the game Iā€™d have thought. Weather will give sufficient time to get all four innings in, if needed, hopefully three will do!

2 Likes

Going well today, would hope that with Leach bowling we could have already probably, based on their first attempt at batting.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when we lost Bairstow and Crawley while we were still behind their total, but we should have a big 1st innings lead from this

2 Likes

Good start this morning, minus 221 for 2 :slight_smile:

Minus 86 for 7, surely we canā€™t screw this up

1 Like

Smashed it.

2 Likes

Oval women stuffed the Spirit and now the Oval men look to be on the way to doing the same

1 Like

Downside of watching The Hundred on Sky Sports is having to listen to Kevin Pietersen droning on. Irritating voice.

2 Likes

I reckon the Oval men need the Originals to win tonight and then they need to beat the Originals on Wednesday to have any chance of making the playoffs :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I said before i didnt care who won. But I was getting behind Birmingham Phoenix because I really like Moeen Ali.

Hes just gone off 2 balls for 4 runs. Nightmare.

1 Like