Kona 2021

Looking better with UK opening up to US travellers…I wonder if that’ll be reciprocated.

Would you have to validate with an Ironman race in 22 though?

I guess that leaves you Bolton or Staffs again?

For 2023 I’d have to do a full in 2022 and a 5150, 70.3 or full in 2023.

So Bolton 2022 and Staffs 2023.

The Mrs new kitchen goes down the swanny if I pull a freak KQ out of Bolton 2022🤣

9 Likes

12:12? Ish won 55-60.

Local guy from Tri Preston, good athlete but don’t think he expected that.

2 Likes

Speaking of Kona and Bolton, I’ve not yet had an email from Bolton to say that slot allocation has finished :scream:

Their information prior to the event made it clear athletes would be informed when it was concluded.

If that’s the case, then the roll down looks DEEP

2 Likes

18th and 19 th in AG.

Allegedly, no names.

They were the fastest people that were prepared to commit.

Had the same for Staffs. Got an email that it started and would get another once finished.

Lol at NZ - they’re not letting anyone in :rofl:

I’ve also seen that the 70.3 champs is going ahead in St George. Where the hell did people get a chance to qualify for that? Must be very US based

Ironman, US biased?

Surely not…… :joy:

1 Like

Staffs will be going for months. I think they’ll work through the entire field and still be left with slots.

An AG with say 3 slots and 200 athletes would take 133 days to go through even if they bang out the next ‘48 hours to enter’ email exactly on time at every roll, 7 days a week.

1 Like

Maybe you only get the email if you finished :thinking:

6 Likes

Think I’d go with 23 as well and try to get round Bolton on minimal training, easier said than done obvs :roll_eyes:

:joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: cutting!

1 Like

You’d think!!
But I got the “slot allocation has started, are you ready?” Email.

And one telling me “I’m an Ironman ™️“ and to check out my FinisherPix

1 Like

You should become an Ironman. It’s life changing. You get to walk around Tesco with either your tattoo showing, or a finisher shirt. maybe a cap…or all of the above.

3 Likes

Ouch

Over a decade I’ve been a member of this forum, it’s like you don’t even know me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What’s “Tesco” :man_shrugging:t4::champagne:

4 Likes

Surely he meant Tresco

2 Likes

Don’t be so scilly.

2 Likes

Deferral to 2023 confirmed. Oh and they only expect one of 70.3/5150/full in 2022 and similar 2023 to validate. Fair play.

5 Likes

10 Likes