Kona & Taupo binned

Bolton used to have the worst split transition ever when T2 was Rivington school. I’m surprised I actually fitted a race in such was the pre and post event faff.

1 Like

Bolton was a faff. They’ve made it a bit better. Quite enjoyed wandering back a half-mile along the course to T2 via the ice cream van without any gear in tow. All the gear was in T2 for collection. The car was parked fairly close by. Didn’t really enjoy the 9pm trudge from the pier 2-3 miles south on Ali’i with all the gear after Kona…!

That school was rubbish and it was really small, bikes with disk wheels were crashing into each other due to the wind.

Jeff

Wonder how the pros will approach a Feb Kona. I guess for some it’ll be a once in a career chance at a slightly less hot/humid Kona. Brownlee for example is already on the start line, has kept training incl swimming in his garage and would still have 5 months to prep for Tokyo after.

Some may favour one over the other, especially if their training is way behind. Didn’t McNamee get locked down in Girona. Interesting to see how IM deal with Pro Q for the Feb race.

Well it will give us something to mull over, at least until it’s cancelled🤪

3 Likes

I’m guessing they’ll also have to either qualifying or ratify their place for October which is going to mean at least 3 IM’s in 8 months. Which I think might dilute the quality of both.

Won’t dilute the quality if Lionel wins one of them…:grinning:

4 Likes

Surely Lionel will win all of them. He is then going to beat Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Connor McGregor at the same time. Sorry, I thought I was on slowtwitch then.

He might have a shot at mcwrestler if he gassed again like v Floyd

The other two… two hopes … one of them” s Bob unless there’s a bike involved.

I like Lionel.

1 Like

I like Lionel as well but slowtwitch is ridiculous but we knew that already.

2 Likes

Watch all his daft videos …!

Would love him to not overbike and do the perfect race…

Unlikely but we live in hope.

Only use slow twitch for tech stuff… very good but some very strange characters …!

2 Likes

Lionel is kind of entertaining; it’s a little like how you always get the largest crowds at Grand Prix races at the corner where you are most likely to get a crash.

4 Likes

Just watched mount tremblant Ironman 2019…

Some age grouper who came fourth overall the year before said it best

“ you don’t know which Sanders is turning up”

Open, honest and quite funny, obviously still gets excited by tri rather than its my job, like some of the other pros.

Dan Empfield trying his best to not look like he’s promoting the products of his Partners?

Riding to heart rate, Xentis wheels and a weight weenie build…

So … no.

Lately he’s trying to convince everyone that Rouvy is the perfect platform for triathletes.

Really, with Zwift as a Partner? Has he bought shares in the Rouvy parent company?! :sweat_smile:

I think he’s conflicted (even more than usual). He loves Zwift because $$$ but he is also in bed with IM and Messick and they’ve gone to Rouvy. (through their own incompetence).

Don’t worry though, if you are not sure what to think, he’ll be along soon tell you, brother. :laughing:

1 Like

As I posted on another thread, looking at the revised Waiver for the WC Qualifiers, The waiver specifically covers these countries

Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ireland, UK and USA

Pretty wide spread of potential countries here

Hold a WC race in every country in the world so no one has to travel? :rofl:

1 Like

Ha ha ha…ha…hmm…actually…:face_with_monocle: