Kona & Taupo binned

What’s the waiver?

Feb 21 Kona is binned.

Interestingly, after Oct 20 was deferred to Feb I was offered Feb 21 or Oct 21. I entered Oct 21. So Feb 21 being binned is nothing to do with me…

…However they’ve sent me notification of Feb 21 cancellation, along with active registration links for Oct 21 and Oct 22…if I was an opportunist…with lots of £££££ :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

So everyone is just being moved to Oct 21? I know 2 mates that have qualified but not sure what they decided.

Sounds like it will be almost impossible to get in next year, although that depends on how many races will still happen.

1 Like

What will happen to all the ‘take it or leave it for 2020’ legacy folks?

Those on the Feb 21 startline have been offered Oct 21 or Oct 22.

That includes any of the legacy backlog that gambled on entering Feb 21, they now have a choice of Oct 21 or Oct 22.

1 Like

Looks like my mate has been moved to October 21 going on a post he’s just done.

I was offered Oct 21 or Oct 22 (even though I was already on Oct 21 list not the now cancelled Feb 21). I suspect Captain Cock up was at home and they’ve mailed the original Oct 21 list, rather than just the ones that subsequently went Feb 21.

Captain cockup was at work earlier in the week when they sent priority entries to awa for Elsinore, twice. Then a third email saying it was wrong and not ready yet :joy:

Love the way they say free :thinking: erm it’s already cost me a kidney :joy:

Taupo has been binned completely, unsurprisingly. They’ve been offered St George 21 or entry to 2022, location TBD.

£600 lucky dip then is it?

1 Like

they’re trying to get Taupo for 2022

interesting to see that the cancellations comes the day after Wanda had signed the final deal to sell the IM brand to Advance so I wonder if this is Advance’s decision as they line up to manage the brand in the future

Did they offer an explanation? I would have thought there was ample time to organise it.

Qualifying is going to be even tougher for Oct 21 by the looks of it…

I would say 2022 will be tougher as I suspect many will defer their slots to then rather than 2021 to give them more time for prep as we really don’t know how long the Covid virus is going to reign for, meaning fewer events in 2021 to train for Kona.

As per the other thread I’m guessing Lahti and Klag aren’t too pleased about being elbowed out in 2022, unless they are moved to 2023.

So you qualified for Oct 20 which got binned but you probably lost some wedge on flights, accommodation and extras. But you got offered Feb 21, but the bullet and rearranged, sorted work, flights, accommodation blah blah, and guess what binned again but you can have a slot in October.

Brilliant …glad I never have been quick enough because I would have lost a shed load of money.

2 Likes