Likeys has closed down

Just seen on Facewash that Likeys has closed their business down - stores and online - citing some difficult trading conditions. Many of us older TT’ers will remember Martin Like as Littlefatwelshman who set it up some years ago. A great shame as Martin offered an excellent range of outdoor products and was seen as an expert in gear for those doing ultras, MdS etc. He and Sue are a lovely couple and nothing was too difficult for them and gave great, honest advice rather than just chase a sale. Here’s the FB statement:

"It is with great sadness that we have taken the difficult decision to close Likeys (in Brecon, Frome and online). This is due to the increasingly difficult trading environment we see ourselves in. As from today we have closed the doors and Likeys has ceased to trade. All orders have been processed and sent and none are outstanding.

The 6633 Arctic Ultra is not impacted by this as it is a separate company in its own right.

It has been our greatest pleasure to share your journeys over the years, to laugh and cry with you and we have made friends that will stay with us for life.

Likeys to us has not been a business, it has been a way of life and tremendous fun over the years. We have loved working with everyone, however, the last few months have become increasingly difficult and we really do not have any further options. Closing the business is the right thing to do.

Wishing all our loyal customers the very best for the future and thank you for joining us on our journey.

All the best.

Martin, Sue and everyone at Likeys"

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s a real shame. I’ve put a ton of business through the Frome shop (which was called Deka before that). It was one of the few places you could see a load of Hoka models, plus the OMM trail stuff. I always made a point of going in whenever I visit Mum in Somt.

:frowning_face:

it is very hard to run a small business in this climate…

1 Like

Always sad to see a business close down. I think the internet probably makes it very difficult - everyone has perfect pricing information and if the big on-line retailers start selling the same stuff as you, it must be difficult to compete with their purchasing power.