LIONel

£2.99…!

Think the £1.99 deadline has passed

On about tea time I think ?!

1 Like

Thanks I’ve just been looking, unless anyone thinks different I think it’s Friday starting at 5:30pm until just after midnight, presumably women’s then men’s races. £2.99 still a good price, if you follow triathlon and paying means I’ll get to watch the end this time :+1: Might even go on the turbo !!!

1 Like

Well he’s put in the training:

He always puts in the training…

It can at best be misguided.

Think he’s got it right this time, see if he can make up that swim defect

He powered through the field at Daytona quite impressively after a massive (3+ min?) swim deficit.

If he’s worked on the swim (says he has) and it’s not quite as quick (no ITU studs pushing hard) and he avoids stupidity (wearing a velodrome TT suit which was too restrictive for swimming) then he’s a real contender and perhaps only a top form Jan can hold him off. He’s trained for this race specifically.

Jan’s nearly 40 and hasn’t raced for 18 months - top end speed must start declining soon…

I paid my £1.99 and will probably turbo the ladies and sofa the men😀, with the odd trip to ST for giggles…

2 Likes

That’s what he wants them to think, mwahaha!

If I’m free I’ll pay to watch it - quite a good field though - edit, just realised it’s non standard distance. Like 1/3 Iron or something.

You think he’s lying on his interviews about his swim times and volume ?

That would be a very strange thing to do.

He’s actually very transparent, there are not too fast age groupers who KNOW more than he does, but with a tiny % of the talent.

I like his honesty, he’s certainly on a rollercoaster.

1 Like

… I had presumed Lionel Ritchie

1 Like

Frodeno , Lagerstrom, Kanute and Pablo Dapena all class swimmers will be pushing it as hard as they can. The bike lap is short so there is potential for Sanders to be a lap down and Frodeno drafting him which would be very funny.

4 Likes

He made up a lot of places at the end of the bike and on the run at Daytona, but not quite right, if the stars align this could be a great performance for him.

I think I kinda know what we’ll see from Sanders, not so sure about Frodo - lead from the gun? Or struggle to hold the front group then pull out with injury?

Good luck to all the Brits out there too; LCB, Stimpson, Davis, RCB. Be nice to see what they have in their wheelhouse in these interesting times.

Sanders on the Breakfast with Bob show getting all of his excuses out pre race. Quite like Bob but I wish someone interviewing Sanders would really pin him down and ask him why he keeps messing up his training, equipment, nutrition etc.

Fenella Langridge is also racing and should be up at the front end of the swim. Tom Davies didn’t make it out. Reece Barclay has fallen for the POC hype so that will be interesting to see as that helmet relies on not moving your head at all and this is a different type of course to Daytona.

I know what you mean. I like watching his interviews, but they’re definitely very safe for the athletes aren’t they. Hyping their palmares and asking what they’ve been up to.

Would be nice to see someone challenge all the athletes intellectually a little more.

1 Like

Ah, that’s a shame.

I don’t know, Sanders and Haug actually talked about the racing we’re about to see Jan talked about charity and LCB was all about Reece’s coaching…

I have only just looked at this and the format and course looks great for the spectators, and will be interesting to see if packs work together or if anyone has the grit to go off the front.

I would love to see Lionel go really well

1 Like