Lockdown Film Recommendations

What films are we watching during the great lockdown?

I’ll start with a recommendation. The Last Stand. It’s an Arnie film, always a good start. Brilliant support cast. Peter Stomare, Forest Whitaker, and the absolute legend that is Luis Guzman. It’s got a good script, comic book John Wick style violence, some comedy, some action. Its brain out unbelievable stuff but good entertainment.

I think it’s right up @Jorgan s strasse.

1 Like

Ah, this is on Netflix :+1:

1 Like

Police academy is on tonight :rofl:

4 Likes

Contagion.

Downloaded The Joker last night…mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it.

Going to watch The Post at the weekend…missed it and a couple of people have said it’s worth a look.

28 days later, how it ends, bird box, world war z, I am legend, soylent green, snowpiercer…you know, positive happy stuff!

Also search Netflix for Preppers and see who’s laughing now :sweat_smile:

The Irishman on Netflix. it’s 3hrs however but frankly when I saw it in the cinema it didn’t seem that long.

Icarus. Documentary about doping in cycling and wider sport on Netflix. Great watch.

1 Like

Before The Hangover, there was this. Thank me later:

1 Like

Quite liked it but could have easily cut an hour for me - seemed to go on and on I thought.

1 Like

Argo . Surprised I’d never got round to it before but excellent

1 Like

I watched Carry on Matron yesterday, with my daughters. Bit odd for 16 year olds I guess, but a Carry On or a Norman Wisdom film is something we quite like on occasion!

2 Likes

Made free on YouTube if you have a spare 1 hr 46 mins

1 Like

Ford Vs Ferrari is a good one if you even remotely like motor sports.

I just this minute finished watching that, spooky!
These top ultra guys all seem so mellow and chilled out, kind of a surf dude vibe.
I’ve watched loads of ultra stuff just lately, mainly the Barclays, find the whole scene really fascinating but it’s so far removed from anything I could ever see me doing.

Nah. It’s just a long day of jogging and walking and eating. That’s all! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah. It’s just a long day of jogging and walking and eating. That’s all! :heart_eyes:

Might be what its like for me but the top guys proper smash it. Thames Path winner did 100 miles in circa 14 hours last year - thats 4 x 3:30 marathons back to back

1 Like

Love Swingers!

1 Like

I loved Argo too