Mallorca 140.6 (& 70.3)

October 24th 2020
Playa de Muro, Alcudia, Mallorca
Currently (450E full, 200E half!) - price increase from May 15th (550E, 250E).

This is a new event this year, but I believe it is in the same area as a previous Ironman full distance event. There is an existing Ironman branded 70.3 held in May in the Alcudia area. This one is organised by Kumulus who do the local marathon, long course weekend and also did the last Ironman Mallorca (full) so some history of organising such events.

I am signed up and have been impressed with the organisation so far. There is a full refund available until end of March (then staged) and they have taken on board some feedback about split transitions and changed the arrangements.

Swim is two loops (with Australian exit), Bike is two loops (500m ascent per loop), Run is 4 loops (flat) - so in theory should be quite a quick course.

Would appreciate any input about the route/area from anyone who has done events around Alcudia.

Bike course looks completely different to the one that was on the IM branded events which went North West to Pollenca and then up to Lluc and back down to Alcudia.

Yeah, very different from the existing 70.3 which has quite a lot of climbing in the first 30k or so.
As indicated by the OP, this looks pretty flat. You probably have the ramp up around Muro, but when I road S/SE in the days after the 70.3, that was largely rolling at worst.

Why, with all the beautiful mountain roads in Mallorca have they tried to keep this one as flat as possible?

At least the road surface will be smooth!

I thought the same. The highlight of Mallorca is the scenic climbing and terrain up in the north