Trail & Ultra Running Thread

ugh this is not good. Ever since my big tumble at Easter I’ve been having on gain off again left knee pain. Exactly where the bruising and grazing is. Last week’s marathon hasn’t helped and I’ve been doing RICE all week with no running.

It is easing but just tried a test run and was back home within 2kms with it still hurting. I only have 7 wks until RttK. :frowning_face:

oh Boo! EJ now says that you should only ice immediately after the injury, then you should omit the icing. Get yourself to a good physio asap. One that will electrocute you and stick needles in you to really get the healing going. With 7 weeks you should be able to fit in 4 or 5 appointments and they should be able to get you race ready.

PS book another appointment for after the race!

hurts a lot - comforted only by the fact that did 23:30 when stumbled across the line with Repo a couple of years ago.

a few minor niggles to get over before SDW100 - first ever groin strain for one - not enjoying that much

first run yesterday after TP100 which was a gentle 8.5 miles. Felt OK (apart from above). SDW100 has to be one of my favourite courses - cracking route.

Managed a modest 20km yesterday, very easy pace and all road. 1hr56, knee seems ‘manageable’ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Very light week this week. Work is mental. (for once I can say 'Thanks Trump:rofl:) and I’ve had a bot of sore throat. Did 19km easy Wed morning and did an easy 31km trail run/walk this morning in 3hr30.

Unfortunately I’v had a massive heat rash episode on my arms the last few days. It happens now and then. It’s pretty annoying. (especially as it hasn’t been that hot! :blush:

Ah well done tunster . hope your injuries clear !

Ive just dropped down to the Autumn 100 for now and little bits inbetween - but it gives me plenty of time to get fit now I have the all clear…

2 Likes

Autumn 100 is fab but very tempting to drop at Goring every time you get back there :smile:

Fingers crossed will see you there

Good to hear you are getting back on track

Didn’t you live in Oz for ages? You must have been in a permanent rash! :grinning:

It’s SDW this weekend isn’t it? Anyone doing that as it always seems to be quite popular.

I’m putting my ultra racing on the backburner for the summer whilst i pursue some shorter, faster stuff. I’ll be helping out though at the Jurassic Coast 100m/100k/50k on the 22nd of June. Anyone here doing that one? I think i’m going to be on the overnight aid station in Lyme Regis.

Lived there for 24years. You would think I’d be used to it. Went to the Dr today and it’s an allergy I contracted during my operations being aggravated by the sun. Got some steroid cream, which has scuppered my plans to win Race to the King, as I don’t want to hang around getting tested :rofl:

Anyway, Sunday to Sunday i managed 90kms but it wasn’t pretty.

yep - will be on the start line at 6am Saturday morning for the SDW - second time at the event - hoping to do it a bit more justice this year (at least it is not going to be as hot as last year)

Good luck matey

Cheers FP

I’ll be there too

Which direction does SDW go in? I presume starts in Winch? I’m away Fri/Sat otherwise I would have cheered you on.

Yep, start is in Winchester (Matterley Bowl)

see you on the start line! Hoping the ground is not too wet

The weather isn’t looking too crash hot this weekend. If it’s wet, take it easy on those chalk sections, they’re like ice in the wet.

Good luck :+1:

Weather was mostly good, apart from a couple of heavy showers at lunchtime. Quite windy, but at least it was mostly a tail wind. Glad to have finished and time was about what I was expecting, but I had a dramatic slow down at the end

https://strava.app.link/m5Ez6uC7nX

1 Like

I’m not on Strava Doug, so can’t see your time but well done on finishing :+1: