Miles v Km

miles

1 Like

luddite

1 Like

happy to be so

Same for me … though i’d happily move to km for driving if we ever switched.

I find generally that single sporters like runnists (road) and cyclists are always miles and triathletes (and ultra runners) are kms. I came to endurance via tri so slotted straight into kms … for all the clear and irrefutable reasons above! :wink:

The Germans use litres/100km, which is even more confusing.

I’m in a right mess.
Bike has always been miles and mph. Except on zwift so I can get faster xp, that’s in km and I hate it.
Running I used to be miles then the Mrs shared watch and wanted it in km.
I did find that better for pacing… And I can generally convert on the fly run paces… Then when I’ve finished my running on kms, I upload to strava in miles and upset everyone with my 9.95 mile runs etc

4 Likes

I love doing 155-159km rides.
Did three of them last year.

Really gets on people’s tits.

5 Likes

I’m bilingual, was taught metric at school, imperial at home. Am happy using both for most things.

When I started running and cycling I used miles, switched to metric for the run about 8years ago, but still use miles for cycling.

I worked in a petrol station “pumping gas” when it switched from gallons to litres, got very good at my 4.54609 times tables :man_teacher:

1 Like

I’ve never been a round up person. I stop when I stop and the numbers land wherever they do.

3 Likes

That’s actually what I meant to type.

Anyone else never know which is imperial and which is metric? :flushed:

1 Like

Bike and run - miles for distance/speed/pace; metres for elevation/ascent :joy:

Total (non)sense

Petrol, cars, more obsolete concepts :smiley:

1 Like

As obsolete as rim brakes?

Thats going way too far! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Having said all that, I’ve only just chucked out my old AF sockets. :laughing:

Whats an AF socket?

Not sarcasm, but perhaps Enforcing your point :slightly_smiling_face:

Imperial sized. 3/8ths, 9/16ths, two ferrets and a nadge and a half, that kind of thing :grin:

Classics car and bike folks will have them.

2 Likes

Ah yeah I think I have some marked in mm and some in furlongs.

1 Like