More DIY & Gardening numptiness

One thing I dont like about mine is the exposed speaker wires. I tried to hide it behind the plasterboard using a fish wire and a couple of holes, but they must have had the intern doing the dot and dab that day and it was impossible.

Rather than go for in ceiling Atmos I have a couple of Cambridge Audio Minx speakers on top of the fronts pointing towards the ceiling. The idea being the sound bounces off the ceiling. Works ok.

We had a bit of water damage to the lounge ceiling and at some point it needs re plastering and new board (plus part of it sticks out and has a slopped roof and I doubt there is much insulation), so when we get that done I am going to run wires across the ceiling and down to a panel. Want an HDMI port as well so I can plug a laptop in without having to pull the Amp out,

I’ve heard mixed reviews about those. Other option would be to use those terminals for zone 2 and put in outdoor speakers which would be cool, amp has HEOS so really easy to use with Spotify.

I can’t even easily get more speaker cable to where the LR and fronts are as it’s all behind the cupboards. Didn’t quite plan it out well when we had the unit built.

1 Like

I thought about ourside speakers as well on Zone 2. I also have Heos but last time I looked Apple Music wasnt supported. I can use the Amp as output speakers for Alexa do could play it through that.

Fairly sure @Jorgan commented earlier about how damp his garage was (ooo-er missus!)? I went in mine and the floor was soaking, fairly sure it’s the damp coming under the door as the wind is blowing directly that direction.

The 18 month old roof is also leaking, but nothing directly under it above ground level was wet so probably not leaking down. The guy who we got to do it reckons it was next doors and said he’d patch it up, that was about 4 months ago. I’m fairly sure it’s his (companies) bodge work if I’m honest and one of the joists is twisted which I’m sure wasn’t before as I can see where water is pooling on the roof.

Looks like we’re going to have to get someone else to fix it!

5 Likes

Yes, but no sign of water ingress from the roof, just me sweating lots in the sub Zero temps with the doors closed. It was wide open with fan on full tonight at 13 degrees :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Everything in my guarage is soaking, water condensing on everthing. Must just be freak conditions going from so cold to mild & wet.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ll be running the dehumid in my garage all day tomorrow

1 Like

My shed was the same - front of my toolbox was absolutely saturated!

2 Likes

Bashed down a shed and ripped up some decking by 11 am for the folks. Taking up the paving slabs next

That was fun :grin:

Wish I had a before and after.

Oh here we are

10 Likes

I love it when we get a skip, feels like renewal. :joy:

2 Likes

Where are you building the bike?

Me?

In the back garden at the moment which is why the project is asleep while it’s cold. If I ever sort myself out (Dry January’23) I’ll build a shed at the end of the garden and finish it there.

1 Like

I didn’t do it but had our gutters cleaned out today. £80 for the whole house and garage.

2 Likes

Arr but did they? That sort of shit plays on me so I’d end up getting the ladders out to have a look. :joy:

6 Likes

They wandered around with fancy vacuums :smile:

The paving slabs are heavy as f… think I’ll leave those for my brother with his gorilla arms

2 Likes

most 600 x 600mm slabs are somewhere around 40kg each - so yes, heavy as fuck!

3 Likes

If you’re not reusing them then a whack with a sledgehammer in the middle makes them much easier to shift.

2 Likes

:raised_hands:

Don’t we have a thread for this :smiley:

1 Like