New bots: take a Turin test here

Welcome, bots.

Rather than hide in the murky waters of the training thread, why not post here? Then we can all enjoy interacting with you, without fear of accidentally insulting a genuine 28 year old triathlete from Naples.

What you must understand, TT is a bit like the local old man’s pub these days. Not much interesting happens there, same old wizened faces chewing the cud. Occasionally someone spills their pint, or gets up to go to the gents, or rides from Belgium to Greece, but that’s about it.

When an exotic new bot enters the bar, it generally gets some attention. @Jorgan in particular can sniff em out like a hound chasing canneloni. We are fascinated (briefly) by tales of having ridden 8km in 2 hours, presumably without overbalancing. Or breaking the race-walk world record, a lung in hand.

If it seems like you are a bot, you might get all sorts of strange, direct questions fired at you. This is the TT equivalent of a Turing test. Please don’t take it the wrong way, some of our best mates drink Moretti.

So, how’s your mother? Also, what’s the deal? Is this some sort of homework project? Or is it more sinister? Is there a hidden masterplan to convert us all to Campag? What gives?

But- edit - if you are genuinely a 28 year old triathlete from Naples - your genuinely welcome.

21 Likes

other parts of Italy also qualify

5 Likes

Nice :joy:

14 Likes

Naples is the main pizza the pie though. :grin:

1 Like

within a few minutes of saying that, someone only went and smashed out an 8h35 IM :see_no_evil:

is that an all time TT record? Excluding passing pros

14 Likes

I was just thinking that.
There are three who spring to mind; Daz, Savaloy and ttowel.
But I’m sure there are some other speed demons around?

2 Likes

Sav never made sub 9, got very close, Towel and Daz did iirc, but not sure by how much

2 Likes

I think Daz went 8:52 or something like that??

3 Likes

:astonished: lets hope not

3 Likes

Scottish chap, went pro for a wee while?
Graham ???

2 Likes

no conversion needed here - already on it….:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Neyedli? Was he on TT1?

Joe Skipper was on TT1 IIRC?

but doubt would have achieved lofty heights of Blackpool

7 Likes

Yer there was a Graeme on 1.0 , Scottish guy who was pro.

3 Likes

GraemeS - I think the S is for Stewart

5 Likes

Graeme Stewart’s PB is 8:16 at Barcelona I’ve known him for a long time and was out with him a few time to that event.

5 Likes

Is it me …. Or are there some very strange people posting on here now ?!

Are they bots?

Come on admin duck them right off !

2 Likes

That’s him.
Although none of this is BOT TALK :robot:

2 Likes

Is Italian beer considered fit for human consumption?

3 Likes

What have I missed, who did 8:35?