New helmet

Cracked my Bontrager Velocis MIPS, is the holy grail of a helmet that excels on road and time trial available yet?

Something you’d get gains for in a TT, ventilated enough for Lanza, and acceptable on a club ride.

:smiley:

I use a Bonty Ballista as an aero road, not sure what it’s like in a wind tunnel, probably depends on your head angle.

Ticks all 3 for me.

2 Likes

I have an S-Works Evade you could get away with that in a tri. Few years old now, games probably moved on

1 Like

My tt helmet looks crap. Giro Advantage II.

1 Like

Yeah old hat now I’d say

6 Likes

Very good.

:drum:

1 Like

See what I did there :clown_face:

Honestly don’t know why they bothered

3 Likes

I think the evade is the benchmark, although I think the new one is ugly, it claims to be better ventilated for the same aero. Overheating was the main complaint with the old one, but while that might be a problem for Lanza, I’ve never overheated in the UK.

I tried the Giro Synth which looks like a regular helmet and has clsimed aero gains, but it didn’t fit my head. Giro now do the eclipse, which is closer to the evade.

Most others have an offering too. I hear good things of the Bontrager, think Kask do one, or you could go all out for the Endura Aerohead.

Bit of a thread resurrection.

I’m in the market for a new helmet & am undecided which of the Van Rysel ones to get.

The road one vents better & has MIPS.

The aero one is, er, more aero so doesn’t vent as much which isn’t really a problem in the UK 90% of the time… it also has a funky magnetic closure.

Despite not having MIPS I’m leaning towards the aero one as a do it all helmet, but will it look daft on a 50 something MAMIL :grin: ?

2 Likes

If your shoes are white it will look excellent​:100::star_struck:

I can’t see the aero one on the decathlon site, is it this one in white without the visor?

Apparently they only have black visors.

This is the one…

1 Like