New member, hello and a few questions

If you want non-standard there’s always the Centurion near me, they run a metric or an imperial. Imperial is good for people stepping up to IM distance.

http://centuriontri.co.uk/

Hey, I’m a Londoner right by the river, so that’s my run and bike path, Richmond park is about 10k from me so I tend to run there and do a lap there then back if I can, local is easier but tbh the mrs is free most weekends and is pretty supportive so don’t mind travelling around the country too much.

And also thanks to Everyone else that replied, was looking at Olympic or half distances as a return… maybe a few Sprints to get the transition right in the build up and to gauge where i’m at.

I also stripped my bike down to have a quick reccy on the condition of it, gears- great, tyres- not so good, Front forks have taken a few bangs about when we last moved and need replacing but they aren’t too expensive. everything else looks good.

once back from Berlin i’ll replace the forks, rebuild it, new brakes etc and get her back out on the road… just in time for winter :rofl: I think i’ll get up to speed on the watt bike in the gym, hit the pool 3 times a week, invest in a turbo trainer etc but I do enjoy the cold and running, so i’ll be out as much as I can doing speed and tempo training, trying to get my 5k time down to around 22 mins at some point!

Not too much of a trek for you but I really like the F3 series of races at Marlow in June. Loads of options, all on the same day, good vibe. The swim is in the Thames but I haven’t grown an extra limb so far! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like