So
Chickenboy - 837
Jeff - 1048
Matt - 1469
Stenard - 2459
Stivrunning - ? - don’t know your name!

Anyone else for the tracker?

1 Like

Apparently water was 27.3 on 1st September, very unusual to be this warm and it is around 3 degrees above average

#climatechange

Either that, or all the visiting triathletes are weeing in it.

I’m surprised some aren’t putting ice in it to get the temperature down!

Jeff

Night before Jeff! There was. a miraculous drop before the 70.3 worlds Chattanooga…

I wouldn’t want it to be wetsuit legal now. I’d feel compelled to wear one given it’s quicker, but would firstly have no idea how I’d get it on in this heat, and secondly the water was more than comfortable in just jammers yesterday (apart from the bit where I swam near the river outflow point…that was “fresh”!)

So
Chickenboy - 837
Jeff - 1048
Matt - 1469
Stenard - 2459
Stivrunning - 392

hoping for NON wetsuit & taking regular road helmet

will also miss briefing

Not sure how I missed this before, but no mass start…

In other news, now a chance of thunderstorms Sunday :man_facepalming:

I’m surprised they aren’t ‘mass starting’ the individual AGs. It could be argued this doesn’t really make it a ‘fair’ head-to-head for the podium honours.

2 Likes

No actual racing then?! That’s the big downside of rolling starts

I know this is a half rather than a full but depending on the difference in swim ability it doesn’t seem beyond the realms of possibility that a slower swimmer could get updates from family/friends about their AG and know what time they have to beat. If they were to beat you by a couple of seconds compared to a head to head I think you’d have the right to be properly pi55ed.

2 Likes

They had that rolling AG start At Chattanooga, but I assumed it was for practical reasons as there was a narrow start jetty and you had to get through a couple of bridge arches. But it seems they way they do it now.

It’s also at odds with their new Kona start, where they were selling ‘each AG is a mass start and a proper race for the world championship’.

Surprising.

1 Like

I’m hearing wetsuit swim probable for Nice

Yeah, they claimed at the briefing it was only 24 :man_facepalming:

What do the local signs they put up say about the temperature? All sounds a bit fishy to me.

The fish have left … it’s too hot!!

I wondered if it would be a rolling start within age groups, the big age groups would be fairly busy if not. Although I’m not bothered either way.

Annoying about the wetsuit as well, I need to try and get in the sea, I’ve got my rubber shorts that I might just go with.

Not seen the thunder storms, hopefully they’ll be later on, my bike is titanium :flushed:

Jeff

Is it non wetsuit?

Swam this morning in swimskin
It is to hot :hot_face: for wetsuit ,
Be interesting to see how fiddle it to make it westsuit