Noosa Tri 15 for Fatties?

Pronation is measured in degrees per second…and is in most cases very necessary…

…am yet to have anyone look at a runner and explain what is too much…

What can be more readily determined is how foot placement and supporting biomechanics affect pronation…

4 Likes

I go to great lengths to re-examine all runners I work with…

3 Likes

Someone saw you coming :joy::joy::joy:

£300 for a random number sheet.
Thanks.

3 Likes

My 2c. Buy some cheapish neutral shoes. Eg Nike Pegasus on sale. Replace often. Never run on consecutive days for your first 6 months or so. Only run on unpaved surfaces. Tarmac will mess up a new runner, especially a heavier one. Most shoe science is marketing BS.

3 Likes

+1

Get shoes you like.

I had the same test performed earlier this year as a friend needed a test subject to complete her training on the same kit. A lot of numbers but it was really useful. I tested a number of shoes from a number of brands as well. Confirmed that ASICS although fast did not suit my biomechanics. The Alphafly 2 performed the best in increasing my stride but not my vertical oscillation.
£300 for the hours spent is well with it if you are going to invest/go down a particular line of shoes

That depends on how it increased your stride…

how did they measure vertical oscillation?

The 3D scans measures movement, vertical and horizontal. So as well as vertical oscillation it can track weight/foot placement so if you are rolling to kne side it can be flagged as well. Happy to share my results as well. The team who supervised my scans did LCB and a number of Red Bull team members

Vertical movement of what? There are two key components to vertical oscillation and depending on what was measured would determine the recommendations.

Additionally, I am still keen to understand which component of stride length increased and how. This may or may not be a positive outcome.

2 Likes