Noosa Tri 15 for Fatties?

Hey everyone,

What’s your thoughts on the Noosa Tri 15 for heavy runners? I’m over110kg and have read I’d need super cushioned shoes. Does this shoe provided enough of that?

I dont think you need super cushioned shies. Im 6’5" and trained a fair bit when I was around 110kg. I always wore Saucony rides.

You need to work out what type of shoe you need. That one is a netural shoe. Some advice from a run shop is a good place to start. Try a few on and see how they feel.

4 Likes

Yes. Also can’t go wrong with a pair of Nike Pegasus

1 Like

Hey guys - went into the sports shop and he put me on the machine. Said I had a high gait and needed a cushioned shoe but he didn’t have them in my size.

He said the Tri 15 would work but was non committal if it was perfect for me

The Tri 15 is a neutral shoe so not sure why he said you need cushioned and recommended that.

1 Like

I think that when a running shop does gait analysis it is to sell you a shoe the manufacturer has told them will help with whatever supposed issue you have. However, it generally doesn’t work oit like that.

3 Likes

Ideally gait analysis should be so you don’t buy the wrong type of shoe and injure yourself, no?

Brooks always have the reputation to help the larger gentlemen.

Have a look, after your gait analysis has been completed, on the Doctors of Running website. Their views seem to mirror my own, so confident they are not swayed by sponsorship deals, etc.

Just don’t strike the ground so hard…that’ll save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run…

3 Likes

steer well clear…

1 Like

Not like the shop were any help!

1 Like

Nope, but that wet print test offers an indication of what the stationary foot does and provides little or no indication of so many other factors that contribute towards the ills of running…

3 Likes

I know you have only been here a few days, but I’m amazed no-one has sent you in the direction of the Nike shoe thread

Not sure you can even post on this forum until you have bought one of these, preferably 2 if you can afford a whole pair.

Seriously though, ignoring the Vaporflys for now, the Zoom Fly or Pegasus are a good cushioned neutral shoe, don’t know if you get the free trial where you live, but it will help you work out if the supershoes might be a good fit in the future.

5 Likes

Trying to find a shoe related pun…

Sole destroying?

3 Likes

They don’t work like that though. Corrective running and orthotics don’t change foot mechanics they way they are designed to. The affect on the foot movement is unknown unless it is re-examined. I don’t think there is any evidence that they reduce the risk of injury either. I have seen that people seem to reduce their injury risk in the shoes they find the most comfortable.

2 Likes

Funnily enough my shoe/injury history has led me via;
Stability shoes - shop told me needed for overpronation
Custom insoles - podiatrist told me needed for injury prevention
Neutral shoes (no custom insoles) - “Expert” podiatrist after a full 3d analysis of all different footwear types which all made bog all difference to how I ran/foot placement and anything else.

That said - still injured

3 Likes

This is what the studies I have seen show. I think this all suggests that what is under the sole is not how to best effect foot mechanics.

1 Like

I’ve got pages and pages of data :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m big, Ive run in 0 drop, 4mm drop, bouncy expensive NB shoes, spikes, the lot and the only thing that caused any long term injury was running too much, too quickly or didnt phase in gradually a totally new shoe. I like a variety of shoes to rotate, as long as they are lightish and comfortable

so find something comfortable and just gradually build up.

N=1 always the best :wink:

5 Likes

So it’s all a con?! :astonished:

Scrub my posts
then
Might go back to the Clifton’s then.

3 Likes