NURVV - RUN

It certainly could but as you say, hudl technique or similar would do much the same for a lot less.

Creating a model would be a huge task if applying it to an app. How would the model cope with morphological differences, etc? Someone could be aiming for some ideal that isn’t possible. Or it might be attainable but not by cues during running but with mobility and/or S&C. Something a good coach, eyeballling the runner wouldn’t aim for. For use with a coach it might be more useful if the coach had the desire to learn what the metircs are, how they gathered, etc. I mean that as desire to understand the tool, not running mechanics per se.

Not for the app - which i agree would be a huge hurdle - but for the athlete/coach to follow as a guide…it’s what i have been working on for the last 4/5 years…

Yep, that’s why the athlete needs a good coach…

Sounds really interesting eJC. So many factors to take into account, I wish you luck with it. I have attended several running and lower limb mechanics courses and seminars,for therapists not coaches,and Benno Nigg was brilliant and Simon Barthold was good too. A fascinating topic.

Benno Nigg is good - he’s got something like 35 years of experience behind him and iirc, Simon Barthold has clinical experience too?

He has, IIRC he’s a podiatrist ‘by trade’ before working for shoe companies

1 Like