OFFICIAL Fantasy TdF 2020 - Please NO SPOILERS here

Depends, do you go all out for the win with Groenewegen or guarantee a top 5 place with Sagan. I went with Sagan today, until I’m sure Groenewegen has recovered from his crash.

Even the cyclingnews text commentary stated as such.

12:29:09 CEST

That’s the break of the day. On behalf of cycling, I apologise.

12:30:36 CEST

Quintana is on the front of the bunch and is in fits of laughter. Not sure what’s so funny Nairo but please tell us because there’s little else going on for the next few hours.

By the way, Schar, Offredo and Backaert are the three riders who have remembered they’re in a race.

1 Like

Had my best day yet. Almost as many points today as the other stages put together. Still 2nd from bottom though. PMSL.

I’m sat mid table, but scanning through the teams of those above me, we have a number of similar riders in the key slots. So i don’t see how i’m going to make up much ground unless one of my wildcards pulls something out of the bag.

I guess the winner will be somone with Alaphillipe, Sagan and whoever wins GC (not that that is particularly insightful of me!! haha).

Need to take a look at today’s stage and choose captain next …

I have gone from 3rd after stage 1, to 9th now :expressionless:

Going to keep with WvA for today, as I think it’s a puncheurs stage?

Alaphillipe again then!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Very happy with how today went. Great stage to follow.

Bollocks day for me. Kinda hoping one of a few of my riders shits the bed and I can swap them out.

As an aside I want to mention how good the ITV4 highlights show is. Imlach knows his stuff and has great comic timing and some good dad jokes thrown in. Ned and Millar are great on the commentary and the bits in between are good an interesting. Plus the music montage over the credits is always great.

Peter Kennaugh could with a couple of espresso though.

It’s the best sports highlight programme about.

Solid day for me. 2nd on the day and 6th overall (not including Stenard’s swap team).

I had 3 in the top-10 yesterday, but still firmly mid-table.

What’s going on with ‘Wheelie Awesome’ having 2 teams? Fess up who is it?

Agree re the ITV highlights. If I can’t make 7pm I sometimes watch the Eurosport highlights at 8pm and they’re not a patch on ITV. 90mins too which doesn’t seem to add anything.

That’s @stenard he mentioned it earlier in the thread. Think he has one team with subs that he is using with his mates, and then the no subs TT team (but the shitty TdF league won’t let him separate them).

I had Sagan as captain yesterday, so a nice boost there, and WVA picked up some tidy points with his 3rd place.

So … La Planche …

Yep, me, sorry. Me and my mates have money on both a traditional velogames style with no subs (just selecting the daily captain), and also one where you can use the default 8 subs (we didnt want to go down the extra social media credits route). As GB says, I did make that clear from the outset!

So today is proper lumpy. Time to put Fuglsang as Captain. Hopefully he’s fully recovered from his spill.

Great stage today. The end of the La Planche climb looked fucking brutal. Happy to see the young lad in yellow. No idea who he is but that must be massive for him.

I had a reasonable day points wise, not enough though and am now bottom of the league.

1 Like

THAT. WAS. ACE.

My choice of Bardet as yesterday’s captain didn’t pan out well :frowning:

My choice of Bardet in my team isn’t looking great! haha

Unless he gives up on GC and goes stage hunting … though his form isn’t lookig like that would even happen at the moment!

I also put in Barguil … and other than a 20 second cameo yesterday, he’s been non existent!

Sprint again today isn’t it ?

Ewan for Captain for me today.

iirc Ciccone was KOM in the Giro this year? He was certainly wearing one of the jerseys. In fact did he wear the Pink Jersey at one point?

Yes, I’m torn between the safe bet of Sagan who will always be there or thereabouts or go a bit more left field with Colbrelli.