Official ITU thread - Spoilers

Summary

Kingma
Learmonth
Coldwell
Duffy
LCB
Spivey

Learmonth in top two with 500m to go and Kingma kicked and put 11 seconds into her

5 Likes

Great women’s race

spoiler

LCB looked super impressive, running up into 5th place

3 Likes

The para ‘Guide’ Luke Pollard is RAF; nice guy. Gets a lot of time to train :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure who the summariser in T1 is but Richard Wagner is a composer and is dead, I think you mean Richard Varga

4 Likes

How big is Blummenfeld’s chest :flushed:

Already looking interesting after about 1K

1 Like

That might have dated quickly :wink:

How old is Alarza…think he’s got M45-49 sewn up mind…

3 Likes

I went for a shower so have missed it :roll_eyes:

There’s a few looking pretty ragged, but probably still running 32 pace or something!

1 Like

Fuck yeah, great result.

I think that has sorted out the “difficult choice”. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

:1st_place_medal:

1 Like

I’m guessing the yanks will be frothing a bit? Even if he can’t stick numbers on properly :joy:

Looks more like a racing incident in the swim and a bit unfair for a DQ.

1 Like

That and a DQ for ducking Chase McQueen.
Brownlee further down in my opinion. “Ten seconds before, that was happening to me, ten seconds after…”

No, there’s a difference between clashing arms and heads and flattening your palm and pushing down.

Prick.

Note - “prick” refers to Brownlee, not to JeffB

2 Likes

Wait till you do a zwift TTT with him :rofl: (Jeff…not AB)

Sorry Jeff :wink:

5 Likes

This is a spoiler thread right and I’m giving fair warning …

1 Like

DQ laughable IMO but watching this has made me want to do an oly again…great win for the men and girls looking good too

2 Likes

3 Likes

Contender for the world’s longest celebration/showboat.

He’ll be a marked man in Tokyo, they will not want him in T2 in the lead pack.

Ali can concentrate on Kona now, although the run fitness is way off.

2 Likes

Textbook race, good swim, sat in on the bike and could have walked the last kilometre. The boy has silenced the armchair coaches today.

Loved seeing Sam drive the bike as well. Big future for him going forward.

Ladies, Coldwell was awesome, Learmonth just blew towards the end, I know she’s been injured so a good showing.

All in all bright prospects for Tokyo and Paris!

4 Likes

Honestly I wanted to see Alistair to shine, after Yokohama I didn’t think Alex had the form. I thought we’d see Blumenfelt on the podium again too.

Ladies I think we saw what we could have hoped for. Hope Learmonth has a fully fit run for Tokyo. Bit of a shame for Coldwell but Kingma seems to have struck her form in perfect timing…ominous! Despite thinking Lucy should have gone harder on the bike, 5th is a great result and I don’t think that’s the last we’ll see of her at that distance…I just hope she gets her Kona win before she disappears entirely into short course.

I think Slowtwitch needs to switch their attention from youtube stars to Pearson. He looked wrecked at Yokohama so I thought it was a one off get-selected-effort, but he looked great today too.

Alistair has disgraced himself at the worst time, whatever the rights and wrongs of it, and I think that’s taken a few percentage points off Johnny’s chances.

1 Like