Official ITU thread - Spoilers

Leeds

The women’s race was brilliant. Taylor-Brown deserved that, great run and didn’t look in doubt from early on. Zafires looked a mess but really fought to hold onto second. Was she sick? don’t see her struggle like that very often. 5 brits in top ten, if we are getting a medal in Tokyo its from the Ladies!

Mens I’m not sure we have a serious medal threat at the moment. Alex needs to work on his open water skills and tactics perhaps (his pool pace is good enough last time I see him swim) No one is going to let him back into a front pack being over a minute down out of T1 and even with his run there’s very little chance of closing that kind of gap.

The women’s race was excellent and pleased with GTB’s win. Nice to see Jess hold on to 3rd as I often swim with her dad on Fridays.

The men’s field seems in a bit of flux with regards to dominance. Some regular consistent performers but everyone can have a good/bad race. AB and JB could probably do worse than properly work with a coach. Jamie Truner is available :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

He just has to be able to swim with Mola, then if the race comes together he has a shout. But will anyone in the 2nd pack work if Yee and Mola are in it? Murray, Blumenfelt, possibly Birtwhistle would be doing their dirty work.

Well…do they not read the rules?

If the three you mentioned didn’t do any work to pull it back though, then they’d be riding themselves out of the race entirely

Anyone but the Brit’s. Strange mentality but I’ve seen it a lot with Alex during the last few years that the second pack refuse to work because he will outrun them. Maybe if he is in a bunch with names like that they may do some work but why bother when someone else will try to do it.

Haven’t watched the race yet but…

Spoiler

The-Shining-008

4 Likes

Think that’s made a decision much easier for the selectors… or made it harder to select someone!

2 Likes

Leeds will be the deal breaker I reckon, but I suspect I know which direction the selectors will go

2 Likes

Anyone know what time the Leeds men’s and women’s races actually start today?

I’m travelling 1:45 to 3 and I need to get my long run in before 6…

Women have already started, think it was 13.10 start time, who knows with the men, BBC suggested their programme goes on to 6pm so maybe start 3-3.30 to give them a fair bit of chatting crap time afterwards

Different swim dynamic with LCB in the field

1 Like

Men due at 3.45 afaik

1 Like

Maybe I can miss the swim start but catch the rest then :+1:

First out of the water but in the chase pack out of T1…

LCB does not have a good style on a road bike. Just bouncing all over the place. She won’t be making up that 30 secs.

Pity Jess’s run is just not quite there, she’s an exceptional swimmer and cyclist!

Well, she’s got no reason to hold back has she? I see she’s down 1:18 now but she can’t be holding back for the run - what’s the point?

Duffy has joined the chase group and stopped the bleed on the last lap. Could start making up time.

Great to see LCB’s build compared to Spivey on the run

Had no signal for the last half hour…what’s happening?

Jess will prove me wrong because she’s had a nice head start on the run! Hope she can hold it.