Organising your gear

Is it a loophole to have a house with all your actual gear in to then claim to be minimalist living abroad?

5 Likes

Yep if you average two houses the clutter score is prob more like 6 - 7 :smile:

3 Likes

My clutter score is: maximum :weary:.

2 Likes

am sat in office 3 overlooking garage 2 (having recently stopped renting garage 3)…with bikes and kit stored in garage 1, garage 2, clinic 1, storeroom 1, kitchen 2 and i still find things lying around…

One advantage (and there aren’t many) of living in a small house and having moved I think, 38 times, is that you get good at not living with clutter. This is about as worse as it’s ever been for me but just about under control.
Running tops in top space. Hats and ‘stuff’ on top, moto and DIY clothes to the left. Cycling gloves and socks right and in the middle, running socks on left.

CC club kit on right, 2nd claim and TT skin suit on left. Misc tops above.

Running shorts and liners, then bibs and mtb shorts, bottom is finisher shirts worth keeping

IMG_2054
IMG_2055

3 Likes

Running vests, bags and poles.
IMG_2056
Bottles and cups in big orange bag, lights in green bag and medic stuff in small orange dry bag
IMG_2057

Shoes not in rotation yet

1 Like

Bikes, cleaning stuff and cycling tools.
IMG_2059

IMG_2061

Shoes in rotation
IMG_2062

6 Likes

liking that @FatPom :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers mate. It’s like gardening, needs constant pruning :smile:

That white wire basket was bought decades ago when i was broke and literally living out of a mate’s garage in Sydney. It’s been incredibly useful over the years!
The shitty cupboard came with the house. Ikea do a nice corner unit that would fit in there but it’s constantly out of stock.

2 Likes

Anything in the high numbers is fine by me, not phased.

My brain works better on chaos theory :joy:

Drives the GF bonkers though :grimacing:

4 Likes

Very organised :+1: disappointed by the lack of toes :smiley: What do you do with all your freebie event shirts?

2 Likes

The ones that look like they can be worn running, I just use. If they look rubbish, I usually don’t take one. Less and less races offer them now, most of them are ‘Trees for Tees’

Yeah.
Image 1 is utterly mental.

Why is there stuff on top of the fridge?
Why is there a pan above the extractor fan?
Why is a table cover required when there are no diners?

Wrong on so many levels.

4 Likes

My wife and I are opposites in this area. I am not bothered about having stuff, I don’t mean she is materialistic but she saw the living room and thought there’s a gap on the floor next to wall, a bookshelf could go there. It isn’t for books but ornaments and the like. There’s another gap, a little table with a drawer can go there, etc. I am more of the opinion that if you buy flat surfaces, people will put stuff on them and dust will gather. That means someone has to keep surface tidy and dust it. Hoovering the floor where it is seems the easier, tidier version to me. When tidying I want things put away, in their proper place. She wants things out of sight. She sort of acknowledges that she buys too much stuff but can’t seem to help herself. If I do a Spring clean there are several trips to the tip and charity shop.

9 Likes

If I was on my own I’d probably have a lot of empty rooms, or filled with bike junk !

5 Likes

Going back to Fruity’s original image - yeah image one is cluttered for me, too many random things hanging around. Cereal boxes or whatever on top of the fridge would drive me nuts. The rest is a joke right? Just progressive stages of it becoming a skip!

4 Likes

Yeah it goes from 1-100 very quickly!

2 Likes

I’m very much with Albert…
CYKARYsWsAA7dcY

4 Likes

Peace :grin:

2 Likes

Some how, slightly doubt this @stenard. having seen the various pictures of your spotlessly regimented top-end domicile :female_detective: :smile:

I guess it was partly what I was wondering - are triathletes (or at least the ones here) generally neat freaks? It would make sense because it’s quite a “neat” thing to do which brings tidiness, rules, structure and discipline to the otherwise pretty freeform world of going for a swim, riding somewhere, and running around.

Edit: And another question: where to people store bananas? I don’t like stuff on surfaces in the kitchen. But if you put them in the fridge they go weird, and if you put them in a cupboard you forget about them and they go black and smelly :thinking:

I feel like @joex must have the answer to this one…

4 Likes