Our Cleo, Nadya Mullen

With a very heavy heart I’m letting you know that Cleo (Nadya) suffered a brain bleed & blood clot. She had emergency surgery to relieve the pressure and remove the clot, but she suffered another bleed. CT & MRI scans confirmed that her brain stem was severely damaged. The ventilator has been withdrawn and she died at 1:15, Maine time.

I’m sure I speak for us all, sending all our love and support to Cenzo (Vince) at this very sad time.

*Updated with more info

33 Likes

This is the worst news. Cleo was a stalwart of TT1.0 and who could forget the pom poms.
I will never forget the shout she gave me at one of the roundabouts at Outlaw.

My condolences to Vince and and Nadya’s family. :cry:

5 Likes

Absolutely awful news , such a lovely person . She will be greatly missed . thoughts with Vince and their families.

12 Likes

How absolutely awful. So sad. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Very sad news; condolences to Vince and Nadya’s family. Did they have children?

2 Likes

Just cats I believe.

That is very, very sad. Our thoughts and prayers are with Vince, family and her friends @la_marquise

Fond memories of much happier times…

6 Likes

I’m not ashamed to say I shed a tear in the middle of a swimming pool when I read Vince’s post last night. What he and family must be going through, one minute the happiest life together the next ripped away with no warning. I will remember the Pom Poms fondly and the Herts rides with both of them.

13 Likes

I read it this morning :cry:
From fixing his watches and staring at the cats at the weekend, to this…awful.

6 Likes

Her post looking at the snow on the tree was just a few days ago. I always loved how they both had found so much happiness, living their dream life.

12 Likes

It’s unbelievable. Raced Roth with her, she suppported us at the Vit, competed with us at the Relays. Determined, kind and a team player. Vince, our hearts go out to you.

11 Likes

I was looking back at her posts as well yesterday evening. Cats and baking were my recent memories.

Like people say, moving to Maine really worked out for them both, we can take some comfort in that they had those great years together.

10 Likes

Really sad to hear the news. Nadya was such a wonderful person. Condolences to Vince and family.

8 Likes

OMG just seen this, she was such a nice kind friendly person, sending condolences :sob:

6 Likes

OK I’d like to dedicate the training I’ve just done to the lovely Cleo, who’s life was far, far too short :sob:

As many of you may know I live in a village about 1350 ft above sea level. Just run 55 mins worth of 37 off-road hill reps in an inch of snow and snowstorm with -8 windchill, realising, as I approach my 60th (my dad made 59 only), it really does make me feel soooo lucky to be healthy fit and alive.

I salute all of those lovely people who never got to live a full lifespan.

16 Likes

Awful news. We met at a tri show in London back in the day, and she was lovely. She later became an event organiser for Serpentine RC.

Condolences to Vince and family

5 Likes

i went passed by dad (56) a few years ago…and it does make you reflect…

6 Likes

Really sad news

1 Like

Its been that long since I’ve been here I could restart my account with the same name. I never look at facebook these days but did for a random reason and came across this tragic news.

In my early days Nadya was incredibly kind to me. Meeting her at IM Bolton many moons ago.

Its a very sad loss.

14 Likes

Theres a name from the past. Hope you are doing well, shame it took such sad news to return.

4 Likes