Outlaw 2021

Just googled them for a replacement :scream::scream::scream:

£80 - £110 now.

Seems like they’ve stopped making them and die hards like me like them as spares :triumph:

1 Like

Hope you get in, it was shit reading the IMUK thread yesterday and your issues.

1 Like

Yes, I’m in.

Skin has just about grown back from 2013.

‘Longest transition ever 2’ - the extended change tent edition :thinking::eyes:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You weren’t at Southport :see_no_evil:

AHEM. Hamburg.

1 Like

Surely the same transition as the Notts half is planned.

Enjoy that one lads

1 Like

Same layout but with change tents as well

2 Likes

Erm, did you not watch BBC1 at 5pm?

No more RULEZ BROSEF :metal:t5::guitar::tongue:

1 Like

Driving weren’t I!

That’s what you said last time mate.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

FURRRRR REALLLLZZZZ this time, bruv.

2 Likes

No…!

Gales forecast ….

1 Like

I’m in. Coming from California, so have to make it through the gauntlet of 4 covid tests and a week of self isolation. Unless the rules change, as seems to be happening. Hoping being double jabbed counts for something eventually.

15 Likes

Wow, this race must have a great reputation if you’re coming from California! :rofl:

Before COVID, there was talk of Wildflower making a comeback. Any likelihood do you think? How’s the lake looking?

1 Like

Did they take it off the run course distance?

Or did you end up covering close to 15 miles on foot at the half?

IMUKs 600m T1 was long enough :rofl:

1 Like

They didn’t take any off.

I had the run as slightly long too :rofl:

Are they using the same water rapids run course?

1 Like

Yeah, looks like it :+1:t3:

Outlaw is a legend – everybody out here wants to do it :grin:. It’s been on my radar for a few years, and it’s one on the few independent IMs that’s happening this (northern) summer. So I figured what the hell, if you don’t bet, you can’t win.

Wildflower might belong in the " Things that show you’ve been doing tri for too long" thread (Mile 4 aid station!). Lake San Antonio is at 11% capacity and falling. All of California’s lakes are like that now. One race I did had a half mile run from the swim exit to transition – good practice for Outlaw it turns out :rofl:.

The bigger problem with bringing Wildflower back is Monterey County, which owns the park. Budget cuts and drought-related closures over the last ten years, and disputes with the company hired to run the park have left it in an increasingly natural condition. Which is fine for a weekend of camping with a few friends, but a problem if you’re trying to turn it into a small city of 4 or 5 thousand people. The company that used to run Wildflower – Tri California – spent weeks doing trail and campsite maintenance, hauled in drinking water and bussed people to a new swim start near the dam, where there was still some lake left.

That got expensive, so they sold the race to a group that tried to reimagine it as a weekend festival of everything – tri, running, swimming, biking, paddle boarding – but that only lasted a year. They haven’t exactly given up on bringing it back, but no one here is counting on it anymore. Another company tried to do a much smaller race at the lake, but covid put it on ice.

7 Likes

@Poet did you get in?

3 Likes

OOhhhhhh do it do it do it!

1 Like