Outlaw 2021

This is the 25th July event? Says charity slots only…

1 Like

Still space if you’re keen

2 Likes

400mg caffeine tablets 1 hour before the start. 1/2 hour later you have movements & can race free :smirk:.

Expecting to go down to support a mate so should see you out there.

1 Like

I’m guessing I should be trialling this now 🤷🏼
I’ve not had one LD race where I’ve not visited the toilet.

Might try some Imodium Plus Comfort, as I also get terrible bloating and wind after the swim (this also happens every time I swim, pool or OW)

I’ve had the worst experience with Imodium and have vowed never touch it but i"ve never needed a no.2 during a race.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no way I’d be using that. It’s unnatural to block yourself up purposefully.

1 Like

As a counter argument, I use it all the time for my races after previous problems. Usually nerves before the start clears me out and then about 30mins before the start (of a tri, longer for marathon)I lock the bow doors with a couple of Imodium.

Horses for courses I guess :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

I’ve been really lucky at races that I’ve been able to go at the hotel, home or wherever I’m staying. I’ve never needed the portaloo for a dump before a race.
The only time I couldn’t go was actually at Outlaw. We were in the B&B which was literally across the road from the rowing ctr. I blame Dr Dre, he was staying in the same place and I couldn’t go knowing that such TT royalty was in the vicinity :laughing:

Wasn’t an issue during the race.

1 Like

Glad I am not the only one that needs a visit or two pre race, rather than Imodium on race day does anyone take something to empty the body the day before?

5fx5wd

9 Likes

No long course training, all year I think my longest ride is 3hrs, maybe 1h30 run….I’ll ask the wife for permission.

2 Likes

Having a look at the profile usually does it for me. :joy:

Great that you’re in. I saw on SM they had released more spots last night and immediately thought of you…

5 Likes

#246 5:53am swim start

1 Like

Cushty! Will you bother going to bed? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Think I’m staying a fair schlep from the venue as well.

But given the 33deg C scorcher I’ve booked an early start may be a good thing….

Is it meant to be a scorcher? That’s the same weekend as Endure 24.

Don’t touch anything with fibre the day before.

Steel is real. :laughing:

1 Like

I always do, but then that’s my body clock, regardless of events.